Monday, September 17, 2012

It's almost that time again...

Its birthday season around here at the G.I. Joe house!

I really feel like it wasn't that long ago when a few days after her 3rd birthday, we were able to have G.I. Joe come home to surprise Lucy.

This year she's had a few things to make it extra special.

When things settle down I'll have like a bajillion pictures to post but I wanted to share this one.

On Saturday we had my family over for her "family birthday party." She'll still have a party with her friends next month and something coming up on her birthday but this was her "first party of the season." Haha

My Mom snapped this picture while we were singing to Lucy and it just blows me away every time I look at it.

It so completely shows what we were terribly close to losing and how great God is.

If you are able to have moments like this, there just isn't much to legitimately complain about.

G.I. Joe is alive and here with us. We don't know what's going to happen 6-12 months from now or if he will ever make a full recovery but he's here. He wasn't supposed to be in this picture...he could either be deployed or far worse because of that rocket, but by the grace of God my G.I. Joe is able to watch our baby girl turn 4!




10 comments:

Jen said...

Aww I love the picture, so wonderful! :)

Brandee Shafer said...

I, too, am so thankful to the Lord that he is here and as well as he is. You have a beautiful family.

Lora said...

Beautiful moment, a precious and blessed memory and day to be sure!!

Hannah Lauga said...

I am a new army wife and my husband is currently serving his first tour in Afghanistan. I love reading your blog. You are a big encouragement to me.

Angie R. said...

Love it! Happy Birthday Lucy!

Erika Mazuroski said...

This is absolutely amazing. I'm so glad I stumbled across your blog. I'm so glad you had this unexpected presence at her birthday because I can imagine your pain if he wasn't there. I hope and pray for a full recovery and hope he gets to see many more birthdays :)

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love this picture of you all! It is a moment of real emotion and happiness. And the affectionate way Michael is with Lucy is heart stopping. Very happy for you all.

Kathryn said...

What an AMAZING picture! God is good and I hope you all had an amazing day together!

Chantal said...

That photo is beautiful. Happy Birthday!

Wife of a Wounded Soldier said...

Love this! Enjoy!