Monday, October 17, 2011

DIY Chalkboard Pumpkins

In a week or so I plan to photo bomb the mess out of this place! :) I know friends and family have been patiently waiting for me to post Lucy-pics and I have wanted too. But we've been just enjoying every single bit of family time we have with G.I. Joe before he leaves again. That day is coming up way too soon and I don't feel ready at all. So next week when I'm sitting around bored at night I'll be catching up on Disney Baby updates and pictures. In the meantime I have a super easy pumpkin tutorial for you guys!

I LOVE finding new ways to decorate pumpkins, though I also love carving them. Last year I carved my first one and I did Cinderella's castle. This year I did Ray and Evangeline from The Princess and The Frog.





These chalkboard pumpkins are a fun, kid friendly alternative to carving. The best thing is you can change their face or design as often as you want!

Supplies: 

a real pumpkin of whatever size you like
flat black spray paint
chalkboard spray paint
chalk...we only had the jumbo size but the thinner ones work better


To make: 

1. Wipe off any excess dirt and grime from your pumpkin.

2. Spray it all over, including the stem, with the flat black paint.

3. Let this dry completely then spray a layer of chalkboard paint all over.

4. Once its dry (maybe give a few hours for this) color away!





Photobucket

1 comment:

Mrs. G.I. Joe said...

Welcome visitors from Oneprettything!

I don't know what happened but for some reason I got hit with about 70 spam comments on this post and my regular comments won't post. So I'm closing this to comments. But if you have any questions or want to show me pics of this project if you tried it just email me!