Friday, September 30, 2011

One birthday surprise after another!

I feel totally worthless this pregnancy. Its been so hard to keep on track with blogging, sharing pictures...fun stuff like that. After we got home I caught a lovely sinus infection so that's kept me away from computers for a while. I think I will hold off a few more weeks before I restart My Week On Pinterest. We just have too much going on right now and I have to keep my stress level down. But it will be back before Halloween!

So now for my long over due "I can't believe my baby is 3!!!!!" post! After celebrating at Disney Lucy has had tons of birthday surprises still. Her actual birthday was the 23rd. We spent the day with my parents, eating at Lucy's favorite places (Cheesecake Factory for the grand finale) and opening presents while eating ice cream cake. Then on Monday morning the REAL surprise came. On our May Disney trip Lucy begged for a "Duffy" bear. If you haven't been to Disney in a couple years Duffy is kind of their Build-a-Bear or like a Disney mascot that's not Mickey. G.I. Joe promised Lucy that on our next trip he would buy her a Duffy. While my parents had her one day I snuck into the store and bought Duffy. I kept her tightly wrapped and Lucy never knew.

Monday morning when she woke up she had no clue that he had gotten home the night before. So I turned on a lamp and asked if she wanted another birthday surprise. She rubbed her tired eyes and said yes. I called out to the door "Lucy's birthday present can come in now!" In walked G.I. Joe with Duffy covering his face and a pink cake pop in the other hand. She was so tired and shocked she didn't know what to think at first then she just started laughing uncontrollably. It was my favorite part of her birthday!

Now we're getting ready for her party tomorrow and G.I. Joe's dad and step-mom are in town for it. Lucy has LOVED getting to play with Pawpaw and Nana S. I guess all in all her birthday has been celebrated for a month :)




Happy Birthday Sweet Lovebug! You are the greatest thing I've ever done and I could not possibly be more proud of you. You give me strength I never knew I had and its all because of your 
beautiful smile and unconditional love. 




1


 2


3




Photobucket

12 comments:

Mrs. G.I. Joe said...

That last picture is a perfect example of why it pays to make early breakfast reservations at MK whenever you can :) You get in before the park opens and its the most wonderful picture taking time!!!

Sarah said...

How cute! I'm glad she had a great birthday- I'm actually jealous of it! I haven't been to Disney in ages! :)

Chantal said...

Happy Birthday!!

Mrs. Muffins said...

Aww, Happy belated Birthday Lucy!!!

H. said...

I love your pictures!!!

Shari@Rain into Rainbows said...

Don't worry, we'll still be here whenever you get back, and in the meantime, I'm just pinning away! :-D

Happy third birthday, Lucy!!

JG said...

That is so sweet!! (Where did you have breakfast rezes)

heather said...

This is so awesome. I'm so glad he got to come home for her birthday. And I will remember the early breakfast thing next time we go to Disney :)

The Heart of the Home said...

Happy birthday to one special little lady! Sounds like a wonderful day topped off with the best present of all. Daddy with a Duffy! ;-)
We gave Wyatt an early 3rd birthday because my husband was going to be deployed during his 3rd (first deployment), so we got a Woody and Buzz from the Disney store. Those were the big things for him then. We stood them together with their arms around each other in the middle of his bedroom. Then my husband called Wyatt to his room for the "rest of his birthday." When Wyatt saw Buzz and Woody standing in his bedroom together he screamed bloody murder and started hysterically crying and ran the opposite direction.....We truly saw that going differently in our minds. lol! But he wasn't scarred for long and no therapy was needed. He eventually started playing with Woody and Buzz.
Anyhoo so happy for your precious little lady and for y'all!

The Tame Lion said...

Excellent! :D

Mrs. F said...

HOW CUTE!!!!!I just love the photos :)

and the special bday present made my heart melt!!!! I gt teary eyed reading it!!!

Anonymous said...

I think RS GoldI will hold off a few more weeks before I restart My Week On Pinterest. We just have too much going on right now and I have to keep my stress levelBuy WOW Gold down. But it will be back before Halloween!