Friday, September 2, 2011

"Mommy, can you be Daddy?"


I know I should have done this yesterday but obviously this week I haven't posted My Week On Pinterest. It will be back the week after next so get ready!

We had a very different kind of week.

Its been a bit stressful.

But at least it has gone by fast and the first week is almost done.

The reason there is no link party is that I've just really needed focus even more on Lucy and making sure she is adjusting well to the new situation we have here with G.I. Joe being gone. She's taking it much harder this time and I figure that's partly because of her age. She is old enough to be aware that he is gone for an unknown (none of us know yet) amount of time but she just doesn't understand it. Sometimes when she asks me if he can get her out of bed to play or talk on the phone and I have to explain it again she gets a bit upset with me. It breaks my heart to think that she thinks I'm keeping her from him.

I can say in all honesty we have never had any behavior problems out of her but of course now some are creeping up. This is all "normal" though for the circumstances so we're just trying to figure it out as we go.

Luckily for Lucy, and for me, we have had a little vacation planned for a while now and its just perfect timing. We both need it. So that's where I'll be next week! Up until yesterday I thought I was keeping everything together pretty well with my own emotions but then Lucy kind of crushed me. I can't put into words how much she loves pretending. Every moment of her day is filled with "Mommy, you be Mrs. Potts and I'll be Belle!" and any combination of characters she can think of. Well, before we even got out of bed yesterday morning she was at it again.

Lucy: "Mommy, can you be Daddy and I be Lucy?"

Me, a little surprised: "Sure. Good morning Lucy!"

Lucy: "Daddy, I love you. That's all."

Good thing it was dark and she didn't see me break down at that point. I finally heard from G.I. Joe last night and told him that and he cried some too. We're so lucky to have a child with such a tender heart.

Lol...bad days are never that bad with my little goofy monkey.

And here is a picture of my very unimpressive 4 month baby bump...
Yeah, really boring so far!
But I figured at 15.5 weeks I should finally take a 
belly shot.



I hope you all have a fantastic long weekend!!





Photobucket

11 comments:

Allison said...

Oh I'm so sorry! Praying for you and your little, I hope this vacation is just what you need to lift your spirits. :)

Chantal said...

That is so heartbreaking! Poor girl. I hope she begins to adjust well!

Susan Hughes said...

awwww...made me cry too just reading about her pretending! She is such a sweetheart & I know she'll be an incredible big sister too!

Working Mommy said...

Oh...how heartbreaking. You are such a strong woman to be able to deal with GI Joe being gone and still keeping it together for the sake of Lucy. I really admire your strength.

WM

Sarah said...

That is so sweet! It brought tears to my eyes. I don't know what I'll tell my children someday, but I'm sure it'll be tough. I hope you enjoy your vacation!

Noelani said...

First off, I am a new follower and am pretty excited to have stumbled upon your blog. I love meeting other military spouses :)

Which brings me to say that I completely understand the difficulties of trying to keep it all together ... for the little ones sake. For example, check out this post of mine -

http://whentwoheartsracebothwin.blogspot.com/2011/07/ready.html

I hope you have a lovely weekend! And trip! :) Hang in there girl.

Jen said...

That is so sweet and let me just say you look great!

Fran said...

That breaks my heart. <3

Mrs. Muffins said...

Oh, we're getting to that age too.. Anytime Matt is gone, Riley has such a hard time and it's so heartbreaking. What can we do? I hope you two have a great little vacation! Love the bump; it will be nice to have progression pics later on!

Lydia said...

This made me cry! That is so sweet!

Shari@Rain into Rainbows said...

Just stopping by to check on Lucy & you. Deployments & TDYs can be so difficult. Please know that I am thinking of you.