Friday, August 26, 2011

My Week on Pinterest: Hurricane Edition!


Hey everyone! Okay I swore to myself this week that I would post more than just a link party. Haha but where I'm at we've not only been preparing for G.I. Joe to leave yesterday but also for hurricanes and dealing with the effects that earthquakes have a on a certain little princess. Life just got completely out of hand all at once! Lucky for us G.I. Joe's unit told him he can stay and not leave until after the hurricane so that's been a huge help. Next week I'll have to post some pictures I've wanted to share for a while and finally take a belly bump picture. I'm hoping and praying that's possible since the last night we had a huge hurricane come through we lost power for 10 days. Not so much fun when you can't even shower or run water at your own house. I hope all my East Coast gals and your families stay safe!

So join in this week's linky party. It will stay open till Tuesday night, like always. And if you feel the rain effects but keep power it will give you a little entertainment :) I'm thinking this week may be really light. I still have not had any time to promote the weekly link up and so many are getting ready for this horrible storm. I wasn't even sure if I could get on here to post it but I did because it was a nice little break for me.

A few rules...

1) Link to only a certain post, not your whole blog or a giveaway. Make the post full of your favorite pins from the week. Maybe its 10 or maybe 1 thing just really changed your week and you want to share.

2) Have fun with it! Show us a little of everything or stick to a theme!

3) Check out other people's pin boards!

If you really really want to be extra sweet you'll put a link to this party, or the button, on your post. And maybe even somewhere on your blog! But its just a request, I'm not the Button Police ;) And HUGE thanks to Mrs. Muffins who made the button for this party!


Now without further ado, here is my week on Pinterest....


I want to do a silhouette like this on our kids' walls so bad!  





I'm in love with these colors! I want to use them in our military wedding.










This made me feel light and at peace this week.




I think it should really say that it shows "political potential" :)


And finally....something that made me drool....

I could LIVE off chocolate mousse! 
One of these days I will try all these recipes I pin.


And don't forget to enter the giveaway posted with last week's link party!
I totally spaced on this and didn't put it in the information about the product
but Halle Berry has been photographed wearing one of Lori's original lockets.
So enter to win one of your own!


Have great weekend and go pin something!




Photobucket

6 comments:

Carmen said...

Mmm I LOVE chocolate mousse! And the peter pan silhouette is SO ADORABLE! That would look great in a kids room :)

Allison said...

I really want to try that chocolate mouse, it looks soooo delish!

Allison said...

ooooh and I was also going to tell you if you need any help with this "party" let me know, I'd love to help promote or even open a linky that links back to your original on my page :)

The Polka Dot Princess said...

what a fun blog! I am so glad I found you and i cant wait to read more. :) If you get a second, check out my blog! Have a magical day!

RetroRocketGal said...

Love the Jehovah poster!

the cheese thief said...

I love your blog. I found you on mbc.

I'm a new follower.

Hope you can check me out at
thecheesethief.blogspot.com