Monday, August 1, 2011

Almost there....

I'm getting so close to being out of the high risk of another miscarriage stage. I get excited more each day and I also get a little more nervous. But I had an appointment on Friday that was my "3 month appointment." just a few days early since I'm really just 11 weeks. My OB is being super great about helping us through this. The appointment started with them using the doppler to find the heartbeat and it was perfect. However, I had some issues the day before and given my history she wanted me to get an ultrasound right then to "just check." So I got the 2nd ultrasound fort this baby at 10 weeks and 3 days. Which is exactly to the day the gestational age I was when we got our first ultrasound with Lucy! It turns out everything is fine and this little one is really a fighter. The normal heartbeat for babies at this stage can be 120-170. Well, the heartbeat measured in at 182!!! Apparently he/she was as excited as we were to see them. This week I have another (regularly scheduled) ultrasound and I can't wait! Its so incredible to watch them grow from a shapeless blob to a teeny tiny person.




Every day I have to remind myself that God is in control and I shouldn't let fear steal my joy during this surprising journey. I do know when we get past the point where if the baby is born he/she will have higher survival chances I will feel so much relief. Oh and I recorded the heartbeat onto my cell phone for Lucy and she's totally in awe of it :) Seeing her excitement over this really helps me chill out and leave the worries behind.

Photobucket

7 comments:

heather said...

That is so awesome.
<3 the picture.

Mrs. Yellow Ribbon said...

Congratulations!

JG said...

You title made me think of the song from Princess and the Frog. :)

I'm so glad everything is going so well!

Radiant Readhead said...

pregnancy after a loss...no matter how soon or how far into the pregnancy is always hard. I JUST hit the "viability stage last week, and instead of being at ease, i am more anxious. As we approach the time slot we lost my daughter (34w5d) I know I will get even worse. UGH! lol. after aloss, your entire mentality about the true miracle of pregnancy takes over:-) I am so happy you are entering into the 2nd trimester! Stay strong! :-)

Carmen said...

Yay!! She looks so great! I'm sure you will feel 100% better once this little window of time passes but I'm positive you will be fine! You're in my thoughts :)

Toyin O. said...

What an awesome journey; praying for a continuous good pregnancy and delivery.

Mrs. G.I. Joe said...

I really appreciate the encouragement everyone!

Redhead you are right. Being pregnant after loss/es is a crazy thing. I knew I'd be worried a lot but there are other emotions that no one tells you can come up. In the future I'll probably have a post about that. Coming up on the "loss point" is always so nervewracking. Lots of hugs for you!