Monday, April 11, 2011

She thinks he's Robin Hood.

Last week as we were getting ready for G.I. Joe to come home from yet another bit of "awayness" I waited until the day before he was coming home before I told Lucy. Partly because return dates from anything...be it school, deployment, tdy, whatever...always change. So the day before I started telling her "Daddy's coming home soon!"

Wednesday morning she woke up super excited.

Bouncing off the walls excited.

She would jump and shout "ROBIN HOOD IS COMING HOME!!!"

No matter what I said or did everything in reference to Daddy was "Robin Hood."

If I said, "Baby we need to get ready for Daddy to come home."

She quickly corrected me saying "No, we need to get ready for ROBIN HOOD to come home."

Deep sighs.

If that's the way she wants to deal with separations,
I'm fine with that.

Robin Hood is honorable and courageous.
He fights the bad guys and always wins.
He makes girls swoon.
He takes care of those less fortunate.
And he makes Maid Marian feel like she's the only person in the world.

Who doesn't want that?








Photobucket

11 comments:

MrsMcDancer said...

So cute! Glad that Robin Hood is home ;)

Our Little Fam said...

She is so stinkin' adorable!

Jenn said...

thats totally cute that she refers to her daddy as robin hood :)

Kimberly In Seattle said...

Awwwwhhh that's such a sweet name for her Daddy :-)

Dr. Army Wife said...

oh my gosh that is precious :)

Melissa said...

That is super cute! :) I love that.

Amyables said...

That's adorable. Abbey likes to call Hubs "super daddy!" but "Robin Hood" is especially cute <3

The Mrs. in Stilettos said...

This is so sweet and just melted my heart!

Chelle said...

Aww thats so sweet.

Sarah Ruth said...

Those pictures are so precious.

AM and BE said...

LOVE those pictures!! So sweet, and such a great family! Glad he is home and both of you get some quality time like you deserve!!