Monday, March 28, 2011

Unicorns for the day

I'm back from a very unintentional blogging break! For the past couple weeks I've been dealing with a total nightmare of a sinus and ear infection. I finally got medicine last week and even though I'm starting to feel better {slowly} its been draining my energy. But here is a glimpse of what we've been up to!




Last weekend Lucy decided she wanted to be a unicorn. 

So we hopped in the car and went to one of our favorite stores...Joann Fabrics and Crafts! 

We bought some supplies and got down to business!




Thank you purple popcicle for Lucy's frost-bitten lips!


Then we ran around all afternoon like crazy silly unicorns.

Days like that are my favorite :) 



It really won't take me 3 weeks to post again. 
In the meantime if you haven't tried my Truly Chocolate Truffle recipe check it out! A friend of mine tried it for a church dessert contest and actually won first place for best taste! That made me so excited because this was an original that I came up with. And it was nice to hear someone else loved it. I always wonder if my family is just humoring me when I come up with these things.



In case you want to make your own....


Unicorn Project Materials: 

Styrofoam Cones
Paints and brushes
feathers
Pom Poms
Ribbon
Super Glue

Have fun and express your inner child!



Photobucket

8 comments:

Emily Roe said...

Shut.The.Front.Door! This is waaay too stinkin' cute! I LOVE this idea- thanks for sharing!
PS I hope you feel better!

Sarah Heineman said...

Ohh my! That is so cute! Such a fun memory to have with your little lady :)

Mateya said...

How cute! :)

AF wifey said...

How cute are those unicorns!! your daughter is just adorable! So how is your book coming along?

Melissa said...

Um, I haven't commented in a while, but I just want to say that:
1. I'm totally impressed with your creativity on the unicorn thing. and I love the picture of the two of you. Precious!

2. I VERY much want to try your truffle recipe. YUM! :)

Carmen said...

That's so cute!! I'm glad you're starting to feel a little bit better :)

Kimberly In Seattle said...

Awwhhh how cute!!!

GUAMtastic said...

She is SO cute!!! We have a Lucy now too :) love the unicorns - - have you seen Despicable Me?