Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Nervous Stomach.

I will never ever watch Grey's Anatomy again. Too bad though its already done some damage to my brain. Haha....my Mom is having surgery today and I think I've seen a few too many Grey's episodes because even though its routine every single possible (and impossible) complication has already played out in my mind. That's actually part of why I've been unreachable for the past couple weeks. We've been getting the house ready because when she gets back for recovery things have to be super sterilized so there is no chance of infection. And we've been giving her lots of time to hang out with Lucy since she won't be able to lift her for a while. I know that thought is torturing my mom. The surgery to her is no biggie but not being able to pick up Lucy is the real issue :P

So I sit here now very anxiously waiting for it to be over and for normal life to commence again! And maybe I occasional text jokes to Mom and about Charlie Sheen wishing he could be her for the day since she gets to start her mandatory vacation on pain killers.




PS~I'm a spazz today and don't have my head on straight.  This is my mommy's blog so if you get a chance to pop over and take a look!



Photobucket

9 comments:

Jessica Lynn said...

Thinking of you and your mom today!

Erin said...

Praying for a smooth surgery!

Fran said...

I love Grey's but I think if my mom was having brain surgery I would be feeling like you are. Hope all goes well and your mom has a speedy recovery! :)

Michelle A'etonu said...

i hope the surgery goes well and that her recovery is a speedy one!

Mrs. G.I. Joe said...

Thank you all so much!

The surgery went great and my mom should be able to come home this afternoon. And now the actually hard part of keeping Lucy away from her Granny will begin!

Mayra said...

So glad to hear everything turned out ok! Hope recovery is smooth as well. =)

Granny said...

I'm overwhelmed with the prayers & support! Thank you all so very much! Mrs Joe is right -- the hardest part of this surgery for me is not being active with Lucy. But, I don't want to prolong my recovery either, so I "promise" to be a good patient!

And to my daughter -- I honestly don't know what I would do without you. Your Daddy & I stand amazed at the wonderful young lady you are. God gave us the most precious when He gave us you. Thank you for taking such good care of me, everybody & everything in our household --- YOU ARE THE BEST!!! I love you very much!

mommynursearmywife said...

I'm praying for your mom. Hope everything turns out well.

Ailinh Harris said...

Im bummed we don't have cable or access to channels on our t.v., because I think I would love Greys so much. And sending xoxo your mom's way so she can have a nice recovery.