Friday, February 18, 2011

You are a good man, Mr. Monk.




So I wrote in 2009 about how swine flu had turned me into this guy. Its true I was pretty paranoid. But it was nothing compared to how I've been in our own house this week. Around my birthday last weekend the stomach virus hit and literally everyone around me...except me...ended up getting it. My family thought it was hysterical that I walked around the house for a couple days with a surgical mask on and antibacterial hand gel in my back pocket. And when it came time to touch any dirty laundry I used rubber gloves. Seriously....I witnessed how bad this stomach virus was and I had no intention of getting it. We won't even get into how much laundry has been done this week. Anything that is made of cloth has been through the longest wash cycle possible.

Lucky me the only thing I caught this week was a cold. Which I will gladly take over the plague that has everyone dropping like flies.

It seems to hit at night so I can admit that each night this week before bed I've gotten nervous. When Lucy wakes me up in the morning I realize I made it through another night without puking its like the grandest thing! Haha. I inherited a little phobia of throwing up. My dad is the exact same way.

One good thing that has come from this is that instead celebrating my birthday, Valentine's Day and G.I. Joe's birthday all on 1 separate day each we have spread things out! No one has had the strength to make a whole day of celebrating so we're following through with our plans little by little. Maybe by Easter we'll be done ;)

I can't wait to post pictures soon! But staring at this computer for this long has been quite enough for now. I'll be back after my head bursts and I can pull it together again.

Anyone else out there turn into this much of a germ-a-phobe during flu season?  
I wasn't this bad until I had Lucy. 
If she gets sick my heart breaks. 
Then if I get sick I hate not being able to give her my 100%.










Photobucket

4 comments:

Mrs. Yellow Ribbon said...

The stomach bug is the worst!...for everyone involved! I should pick up some masks, just in case :-)

JG said...

I used to be. My parents always were. We couldn't have sick friends over, or if someone in our house was sick we wouldn't have people over. I was taught that if I was sick, it was rude to go to someone else's house and take sickness in there (which I still believe). SoldierMan was raised the exact opposite of me, but I think his mother has a touch of Christian Science in her, and that might be why.

The Life And Times Of and Infantry Wife said...

Haha: ) I am exactly the same way! Which is why I have a rash on the back of my hands (apparently there is such a thing as too much hand sanitizer and washing your hands: ) ) Who knew; )

I don't hang out in areas that are heavily populated this time of year, and I won't go to friends houses if they are just getting over something. Yeah, it may be a little extreme, but I particularly enjoy not vomiting my brains out and being super healthy: )

Amyables said...

I totally know what you mean when you say you hate it when you get sick because you can't give Lucy your 100%

That's totally me right now - with this vile stomach/intestinal bug (I was one of the unfortunate ones) still hanging around in my system + pregnancy. . . I'm being forced to ask Abbey to accomodate me instead of the other way around, and it breaks my heart at times.

And then there are moments when I realize what a big girl she is and how much compassion she has. She'll see me suffering and come over and give me a big hug and kiss on the cheek, pat my face and say "feel BETTER, mommy!"