Friday, February 25, 2011

Keep Calm and Milie On

"How do you do it? 
I just don't understand how you handle all that."



If you are a military spouse you have probably heard those words before.

I lost count a long time ago of how many people have asked me this. 
They want to know how exactly I deal with the worry.
How I get through month after month of separation.
How I kept it together giving birth without my soldier there 
and spent years living apart.

Or how I can stay sane while spending every day sitting 
and waiting for the official word that he's leaving yet again.

As military wives we rarely have control of much in our lives.

I often don't know how I do these things
But I generally know why.

Its because I choose the love of a man in uniform.

I don't "have to" do anything. 
Its not out of obligation.

I just know that living this way and having his love
is better than a lifetime of easy living with someone else. 


When things get rough I just 
Keep Calm And Milie On.


You may not have words for how you live the life of a military wife
So here is a new button for those of you who are just proud to choose love
and all the beautiful uncertainty that comes along with it.


Grab it!


















Photobucket

30 comments:

Candace said...

I love it! It is proudly displayed on my blog. I couldn't have put it any better than you did. I love my man in uniform and would go anywhere with him!

Misty Marie said...

Thanks for these words! We are VERY close to starting our first deployment and we have a 15 month old and a 3 month old.. I totally grabbed the button and will use it to remind myself what has to be done!! Thanks girl! love ur blog!

JG said...

I love it!

SLM said...

I love this. And needed it today. Thank you.

Neidy said...

:) Love it! ♥

Mr. Superman & Mrs. S. said...

Its perfect!

Amyables said...

Oh, love love love! It's going up on my blog right now! Too cool, J!

Little Momma said...

Good stuff! Snagging this button...

Ashley said...

I love it! I'm grabbing one for my blog : )

Michelle A'etonu said...

i love this. i'm grabbing it...and what a great post.

Mrs. Yellow Ribbon said...

Love it! Thanks for the button!

Wife on the Roller Coaster said...

You already know I love it! I'm off to post it on my blog. You go girl!

Chelle said...

Love it and grabbing it! ♥

chambanachik said...

Love it! Going up on my blog!

Just Another MilSpouse said...

So true, I love the button, I'm grabbing it right now.

KelleeLyn said...

Love it! Thanks for the button it's on my blog now :)

Susan said...

Love the button....I need one for a momma of a soldier! I think highly of all military spouses!

Goodnight moon said...

I just grabbed it and posted it on my blog! You already know I adore it....and YOU!

Jessica said...

Love it and I am putting it on my blog =) thanks!

ines said...

love it! thanks for sharing!

ps. its up on my blog :)

♥ Dani said...

Love this button, I just added it to my blog, too! Thank you for sharing it!

Pink Champagne, Gatorade, and MRE's said...

great button! i just added this to my blog :)

Karren said...

Love it! Definitely putting it on my blog! Thanks!

Athena said...

Grabbing - love it! Thanks :)

AM and BE said...

Thank you for this button!! I added it to my new blog.

http://acreedandapsalm.blogspot.com

Olivia @ Olivia Blue Music said...

New follower here!!! Great button..... and HOOAH from this here Army wife! :) - Olivia Blue Music

Courtney said...

Love the button! Definitely grabbing it.

Dianne D. said...

Just came across this, I love it! Putting it up on my blog now :]

Enid-a-bean said...

LOVE THIS BUTTON! Going to PROUDLY display it on my blog! (^__^)

Runescape Gold said...

Thanks for these words!
Runescape Gold