Friday, January 28, 2011

Black Friday Keeps on Giving...

I know most people would think it logical to post about their Black Friday finds oh, I don't know...maybe sometime around Black Friday. Haha...okay so I'm not "most people." I wanted to wait until I put mine to use and had pictures to share!

So the only place I'll ever stand in line for on Black Friday is Joann Fabrics and Crafts. Percentage-wise they truly have the best deals. When I saw an add for this fabulous line of flannel fabrics I knew I had to stock up. Its regular $5.99 and yard but the Black Friday sale brought it down to...$1.29! That's wicked awesome! So here's the stash of dress and blanket making fabric that I picked out. Plus I went back later that day and got more that's not in this picture :P




And here are some things I've made with the stash! The first 2 are for Brody. I need to post an update on his page but this boy is growing like crazy! He's only 2 months and already about 3 and half pounds and completely off oxygen. They get to take him home soon!






Now I have to explain this dress...its been a thorn in my side! I got the instructions from a book. No pattern, just instructions. I've NEVER made any clothes from scratch before so I knew it would be an adventure. The problem is the instructions were for 2-3 year old girls. So I started and kept realizing the dress would be monsterously big on Lucy. I had to keep modifying it and changing little things so it would work for her little body. Its far from perfect but she loves it. And it will grow with her because I made it adjustable. All in all it could have been a total disaster but I don't think its awful for a 1st try!

Her dress for the "Fancy Dress Ball" as Lucy calls it.

The Princess and The Frog was more exciting than Mommy's camera apparently.

The catwalk!

Not a perfect dress but it makes twirling more fun.

And its still comfy enough to climb in.


Love this face.

Drama queen!




Don't forget to enter the Custom Gaiam Yoga Mat giveaway while you are here ;)
A winner will be drawn on Monday night!





13 comments:

Mrs. Gu said...

I love the colors in the dress! So fun!

Madison {Life Happens During Naptime} said...

She is so cute. I love her face. I have a handsome little boy her age, just sayin' ;-) And you did a great job!

JG said...

What a beautiful little girl! And that dress looks great. :) Don't knock yourself, especially as first out of the gate. I'm seriously impressed.

heather said...

You did such a great job. I love sewing, especially for my little man...

Holly said...

love love LOVE the dress. I almost went to joanns but I had to work (at bath and body works) at 7am. I'm a little jealous. lol. ^_^

ashley said...

I love your creations! The dress looks nothing less than perfect! :)

Kerry said...

Oh what a cute dress! :)

Amyables said...

CUTE! You did an AWESOME job for your first try on a toddler dress - without a pattern! If you are interested in trying some more stuff for Lucy, I love the blog "Dana Made It" (MADE) and also Sewing in No Man's Land for patterns and tutorials when I don't feel like making my own :)

I have a post about my creative projects of late coming up soon. My issue has been getting Abbey to sit still for pictures - as I see was an issue for you too! haha!

Glad you are doing well. LOVE the new header!

Carrie said...

Oh my goodness. Your little girl is too cute for her own good! :) And the dress is adorable, especially for a first attempt.

I want so badly to learn to sew, but I don't know if I'll ever be any good. Time will tell, I guess.

Amanda said...

that dress is super cute!

Mr. Superman & Mrs. S. said...

The fabric is fabulous and that dress! Its adorable :)

Michelle A'etonu said...

that dress is awesome! can you make one for our little girl :)

Jen said...

You are soooo talented!!! Love the dress