Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Confessions of a Christmas slacker...

It seems like every day in blogs, Facebook, real life...people are gushing about being done with Christmas stuff. We've already gotten a few cards in the mail but pretty much the only Christmas things we've done is decorate the house and watch Christmas movies.

Do you want to know a secret? 

I haven't even ordered/printed our cards yet!

I don't even know if I'm going to go with pre-made cards that you just upload your photo to or if I want to design our own.

As of yesterday I don't feel ridiculously behind though because we got some of our family pictures in that we had made so I at least know what pictures I'm using. That's progress, right?

Truth be told though, I don't feel bad about not having shopping done, not having wrapping done, not even having cards in my hands, and not knowing what to make for Christmas dinner. This is our family's absolute favorite time of year. Doing all this stuff for other people is something I look forward to all year! The thought of all the shopping and wrapping being done by the 2nd week of December makes me sad. My shopping and wrapping don't end until late on December 24th by the glow of a Christmas tree and Home Alone. So that's my confession. I'm a Christmas "slacker" by choice. Really though I like to think I'm a Christmas savoror...And yeah I think its totally make-up-a-word-worthy.

What about you guys? Do you like to drag out the Christmas to-do lists like me, or get most things done sooner with more time to relax?






And I also wanted to say a huge thank you to everyone who has been praying for Brody and leaving wonderful comments. I'm going to make a button that links to the post below about him and keep it updated. He's a tough little guy but still faces many challenges and isn't close to being out of the woods yet. Every Tuesday he will be having a brain ultrasound to see if there is any change in his hemorrhage. But only time will tell what damage has already been done. This has been a very stressful and exhausting time for everyone so the prayers mean the world to us.

14 comments:

McDancer said...

I'm totally with you on this. I love Christmas too much to see it over before the 25th. Heck, I wouldn't mind if it lasted a little longer ;)

Mateya said...

I agree with you! I have all our decorating done, but haven't even ordered our Christmas cards yet! I also haven't got one present bought yet...I do plan to take care of that this weekend though. But it is nice to drag it out and enjoy it more!

Anonymous said...

I have to start early, like before Thanksgiving early. But I refuse to take down the decorations until the middle of January. Definitely a Christmas savorer!

Amyables said...

I like having things done sooner rather than later, because if I wait on doing them, then I run out of time and end up in a panic trying to get things done. Plus, my mom and dad are coming for Christmas week to visit us in ME, so I don't want to worry about a thing while they're here.

But I am with you about not wanting the Christmas season to end (and technically, it's not supposed to end on Christmas - the JOY is supposed to extend at least 12 days until Epiphany)

Lucy is ADORABLE

Amanda said...

cute pictures!!!
i always start early, but I take my time so that I'm shopping all the way until Christmas Eve.

AF wifey said...

No way... I totally had a sweater with a scottie dog on it when I was a little girl!! How cute!!

The WholeFamDamily said...

i'm a savorer too i think, i was surprised with everyone saying they were done like the week of Thanksgiving!!
i like to browse and take it all in and find cute things over the course of the MONTH, not before the month even starts.
due to weather and health issues our fam pics have been pushed out to this WED! hopefully they'll be awesome and we can get our christmas cards out before christmas, haha!
you're girlie is a doll!

The Mrs. said...

I like to wait until right before Christmas to wrap the presents!!!! I don't put them out until Santa comes.... so its all good...

We just needed extra Christmas spirit this year.... and so we did some shopping before our trip, and when we get back we'll finish!!!! :-)

LTarmywife said...

Well, I can relate to you. I haven't don any Christmas shopping yet and refuse to begin until after the 20th. Nobody is out anymore because they're already finished and there are a lot of good deals!

♥ Elizabeth said...

I am a Christmas slacker too! There is nothing I love more than that rush you feel as the deadline approaches and the malls are bustling with people, and you have that one gift left to find before the stores close! We always stayed up wrapping gifts before midnight mass, and when we came home, there was always one or two more things to put out. Slacking is practically tradition for us.

Sure we decorate early to enjoy it longer, but we use every minute of the season to celebrate with loved ones and take our time looking for things! You're not alone!

Whitney said...

i am too! so far, i have bought all of david's presents. i did that online, because during the holidays i hate shopping at the malls. plus, what i bought him was sold out everywhere. david and i haven't decorated, but plan to this weekend. i have my christmas cards that i have received from shutterfly, but i have not addressed them, made my list, or bought stamps. oops!

addicted2shius said...

I don't have any awesome deal like they do anymore but check my site http://www.mycmsite.com/addicted2shius and take a peek at the Photo Cards under the Digital Center section.

Let me know if you see anything you like :)
michellecnarayan@gmail.com

Birdie said...

Every time I feel on top of things I remember 500 other things I've forgotten. I just bought Christmas cards and slipped our family picture inside. I'm over it!

Jessa said...

I get done early. I have to or I can't relax and enjoy myself. We're leaving for actual Christmas so we decorated early and had our Christmas on Thanksgiving.