Monday, November 22, 2010

An update of sorts...

I can't believe its been this long since I've posted! I really never intended to take that big of break from posting altogether but it seems Lucy has hit quite a developmental-transitional-type stage where she kind of, sort of, sometimes wants a nap during the day but doesn't actually need it. I used to put posts together and return emails during her naps but now my days are spent running around from morning till night. When she is sleeping at night I just don't have the energy to get on the computer. But I do have stuff that actually has to get done so I'm trying to create a new daily routine combo that works for both of us.

I figured I'd do a bullet point post about all that's been going on around here since I took my big break from the world of written blogs!

    • G.I. Joe is officially in his new unit and we were really pleasantly surprised when we found out he'll be home for the holidays this year! 
    • I started seeing a therapist and am finally figuring where a lot of my anxieties are coming from and how to deal with it. But its a slow process. 
    • Mentally and emotionally I feel better than I have in years and I wish my body would catch up! That amount of stress leaves one feeling incredibly drained. 
    • A couple weeks ago I "officially" became an Army wife again...I got my new ID card! 
    • Because G.I. Joe can pull the whole "But next year I'll be...." argument we put our Christmas decorations up wicked early this year. Lucy loves just being around the tree and sparkly. She's also started a new obsession: collecting snow globes!
    • I will be submitting my manuscript to agents starting in December or January!
    • On Saturday We had family pictures done for the first time in ages. I can't wait to share some of them! We found this great old 1700-era plantation to use as the setting.
    • Lucy is sick right now--that's really my only bummer update--but even watery and miserable she's a happy, goofy, sweet girl. When slimy goo comes out of her face she just looks at me and goes, "MOMMY! What's happening to me??!!"

So that's what's going on with us! I promise over the next week I'll have more picture posts and as soon as December rolls around I'll start posting more normal stuff. Thanks so much for everyone's patience and sweet messages. They have meant so much to me!










10 comments:

Wife on the Roller Coaster said...

Wow, you have a lot going on! So glad everything is squared away with your husband's new unit. And I'm glad you're working things out and dealing with stress. Congrats on the manuscript! You must be so excited. Can't wait to hear all about the process. And so sorry baby girl is sick. I hate when the little ones are sick, but luckily they seem to bounce back much more quickly than adults.

Have a fantastic Thanksgiving!!!

Mel said...

Great to hear things are well with you. Enjoy your break and holidays!

Sarah said...

So glad things are going well for you....but I CAN'T WAIT until your official return. I miss you!! =D

Mr. Superman & Mrs. S. said...

Yay!I loved this :) Hopefully Lucy feels better soon!

The Mrs. said...

Congrats on all the wonderful things going on!!!! Sorry Lucy is sick.... I hope she feels better soon!!!

Amyables said...

I am so glad to hear that things are going well (aside from Lucy's illness, of course)! I have been thinking about you a lot and am continually praying for loads of strength for you - you have so many things that you're delightfully wonderful at: being a supportive and amazing army wife, an awesome mother, a creative soul, a writer . . . girl, you've got it going on! :)

The pictures sound like they'll be fabulous. I can't wait to see them!

And it's so funny you mention Lucy's developmental-transitional stage . . . Abbey is in the very same place nap wise. Has Lucy been eating a lot and feeling a little lazy? Abbey just went through a growth spurt, I think. It went along with the nap issues - so maybe Lucy will do the same.

Take care, girl! Can't wait to hear more about how wonderful your Holidays are! xoxo!

♥ Dani said...

Seems like you've been super busy! Lucy is so precious. I'm so jealous you have your holiday decorations up already... I can't wait to put mine up next week!

Rebekah said...

I'm so glad things are going well! Except for Lucy being sick. That's no fun at all!

Jen said...

Sounds like everything is going great! I hope Lucy feels better!!

Happy Thanksgiving!!

hmb said...

getting the ID card is the BEST!