Thursday, November 4, 2010

The one with happy tears.

Last night G.I. Joe was getting his bags ready to travel down to his new unit for in-processing. 

He called to me and said he needed "help." 

This puzzled me because for one, 


Two, he was going to Target later that night to get his travel toiletries so I know nothing was lost. 

And three...Lord knows I don't have a clue about what he needs for in-processing. 

So why on earth did he need me to "help" him?

*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*

Um, he pretty much just wanted to show off :) And also to make me cry!

I walked up the steps to find him grinning from ear to ear in front of a mirror....

Oh how my heart completely turned to mush! 

I just stood across from him and cried.
It was like seeing him for the first time ever. 
He kept whispering to me that everything was going to be okay 
because he thought they were sad tears.

I had to tell him 
"I KNOW! That's why I'm crying!"

He even walked around the house in his uniform for a while before packing it.

So I was too busy drooling over my soldier to snap a picture 
but figured I'd get one before he left today.

Turns out he didn't plan on wearing it for the drive 
and since he's very "anti-picture" this was the best he'd let me get.

I'd give anything to see the Commander place his new patch on his shoulder 
but just knowing its happening is the greatest feeling ever. 



And yes, he is absolutely on cloud 9 right now. 

He's like a kid, 
in Disney World, 
at Christmas, 
with all the candy and 
video games the world has to offer :)







23 comments:

Doc's Girl (Noel) said...

This is so exciting! I'm grinning from ear to ear for you guys!

Goodnight moon said...

I am SOOOO excited for you! So many emotions running through the both of you! Yah!!!!

Keep that moment close to your heart for safe keeping, so you can come back to it and replay it again:)

Congrats!!!

Sarah said...

Awww. =) I love it! I'm so glad that God worked things out for you guys (as if He wouldn't anyway). Yay for in-processing!

Erin said...

So happy for you :)

Jeannette said...

HURRAY!!! I am so happy for you and your DH!

Lora said...

What a great moment! Thanks for sharing!

Rebekah said...

I'm so happy that everything is working out!

♥Miss Brittney♥ said...

This post made me smile! I'm so happy everything worked out for you guys, you truly deserve it!! :) The Lord always has a way of making things turn out right, even if it takes awhile.

Felicitas Linda said...

I'm not going to lie, that post made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside n happy for you. I'd offer hugs, but I don't really know you LOL. But YAY for y'all! :)

Adrienne said...

Yay for happy days!! :) I hope more 'rule breaking' happens ;). hehehe. I am sure there will be more good news to come!

Bonnie said...

Awww!! :D This is awesome for you guys!

L.C. said...

I'm crying just reading this because I know how much this means to you both! I'm so happy for you two!

Jen said...

I love this post! What a sweet and exciting moment for both of you! :)

JG said...

This is so precious! I love it!

Mateya said...

How wonderful! I'm so happy for you guys!

Birdie said...

Nothing like a man in uniform! Especially the man you love in uniform:)

Carmen said...

Yay!!!! I love this post. That's so exciting for you two!! Congrats and I'm very happy for you!

R said...

love, love, LOVE it!! so happy for you guys!! *HUGS*

hmb said...

Fun times! I know how you feel--we were so excited when J finally left for his enlistment after having a break in service. They take their sweet time it seems :)

Mr. Superman & Mrs. S. said...

I am so flippin' happy and excited for you guys!!!!

Amanda said...

Awesome! I'm excited for y'all as you start this next phase in your lives.

The Mrs. said...

I'm a little angry that you don't show up in my feed on blogger.... (not angry at you... just at blogger!)

YAY!!!!!!! What a great, happy post!!!! I smiled like it was happening to me!!!! lol

((HUGS))

Chelle said...

So happy to hear things are falling into place for you guys!