Tuesday, September 21, 2010

She's got the magic






Last year on Lucy's 1st Birthday we all had a fabulous time celebrating at Disney World. For our "big" Disney trip this year we were going to go in December instead of going for her birthday. I so wanted her to see the place all lit up for Christmas! And I had every intention of doing all of her Christmas shopping there.

But when we found out G.I. Joe wouldn't be able to go with us in December we canceled that trip and booked "last minute" to go this past week. I have to admit that at first I was a little disappointed. Of course I wanted G.I. Joe to go with us...but I really wanted to be able to pile on the presents. I knew going before he got re-enlisted meant cutting way back on the spoiling. I know that sounds really lame but I'm a little tired of even just thinking about money.

 Waiting patiently to meet Mickey and have him sign her "handy helper!"



When it was all said and done I'm so glad we changed our plans! We may not have bought Lucy as much as we would have a few months from now but the things we came back with are priceless. I'm so glad Daddy was there to watch in awe with me as...




Lucy decided she wasn't scared of the characters anymore and tried to take Daisey home with her! (This was such an adorable sight that the people behind us in line weren't upset about a longer wait, they actually started taking pictures of Lucy and Daisey!)




Lucy was chosen to help Mickey open Toon Town one morning! He gave her a private tour of his house and gardens, going at her own pace. Naturally Momma-razzi and Disney paparrazzi were snapping pictures every second. Seeing Lucy hanging out with Mickey Mouse was incredible! How many parents get to experience that? At the end Mickey took her back to a room where Minnie Mouse was waiting. She screamed and started running at Minnie. My Dad was trying to help Mickey by grabbing Lucy so she wouldn't pull him over in that costume but he WANTED to run around with her and sort of hip-checked Granddad out of the way.







At PlayHouse Disney Live Lucy was the entertainment...half the audience and cast members turned to watch her as she called out "HI, DAISEY!!!!! AND MINNIE!!!!!" over and over hoping the characters (who were puppets :P) would respond to her. 


Lucy squealed "HIGHER! FLY HIGHER!" on rides like Dumbo and Aladdin's Flying Carpets. 




There were just so many incredible moments this trip. Each time with her gets better and better. Our girl is obsessed with Disney characters so she recognizes everyone from the Princesses to King Louie. And she's so vocal now! At the end of one of the songs in The Voyage of the Little Mermaid she yelled out "GOOD JOB, ARIEL!!!" Sigh. The other night G.I. Joe sat down next to me and said "I'm so glad I have a Lucy." Me too. This trip came at just the right time for us. While we were down there I actually forgot about all this enlistment garbage. It felt good to be normal and just make some of the greatest memories ever. I can't imagine watching Lucy enjoy Disney without her Daddy there for the magic too.





And as it turns out...Lucy got some pretty amazing birthday presents afterall...








10 comments:

Ballet news said...

Tutu sweet ! Thank you for sharing these gorgeous images

Jessica said...

She is absolutely precious! I'm so glad that everyone had a great time at Disney!

JG said...

Yay! I've been anxiously awaiting this post! :) I'm so glad you were all able to go together. That's the most important thing. I think I've lost every souvenir my parents bought us as kids, but I love looking at the pictures of my with my first Mickey Bar. :)

jleigh2011 said...

I am so jealous of her right now. I have NEVER been to Disney World. She makes it look AMAZING. I really want to go now.

P.S.
I tagged you on my blog check it out.

Jen said...

I love all the pictures. What great memories you all will have! :)

Mrs. Doc Handsome said...

We're planning on taking my son to Disneyland for his first birthday next month!

There's nothing like the magical memories that are made at Disney parks. So glad to hear you were all able to go together and have a fabulous time.

The McGriff's said...

Awww! So cute! It sounds like everyone had a great time. We are spending one day at Disney Sea in Tokyo. I have never been to Disney before so it will be an adventure for the entire family :-)

Kaylee said...

awhh, this is so precious!! What an amazing trip and such a lucky girl to have such great parents!

Mateya said...

How cute! What special memories!

Amanda said...

I'm glad y'all had such a great time! Sometimes it's the spontaneous trips that we think going into them won't be all that, but then we're surprised.