Friday, July 23, 2010

Look what you've done, Uncle Sam!




Back when you posed for this fabulous poster did you know how much you'd be turning people's lives upside down, Uncle Sam? I have to say that Mr. Toad doesn't have anything on you because even just waiting on you is a wild ride.

Thanks to you I find myself excited one moment and breaking down the next.

This afternoon I was at lunch with my parents. My Mom had swung by the house before she came to meet us and she mentioned that my dear soldier had received mail from the DoD. Right away my heart fluttered. Does this mean the paper work will be done soon?! Oh my gosh I bet it will!! Oh. My. God. I think I'm going to be sick. What if the paper work really is almost done???

Thanks for that, Uncle Sam.


Before you came into my life I thought I was like every other girl out there. A Princess waiting for her Prince Charming. But you gave me a life far more thrilling than that. I never realized until you that I was actually waiting on the Knight. A brave warrior. My King of Battle. A man who sits on a throne, or at a desk, is not for me. One who smells like gun powder and sits upon a turret, now that's my man.

Uncle Sam, how is it that you can take a perfectly strong and logical woman and turn her into a girl weeping her way through years of therapy to recover from her own PTSD? Or a girl who goes weak in the knees when she sees a uniform? Did you know this would happen to us?

Before I was being sarcastic...but now I mean it. Thank you, Uncle Sam. God ordained it, and you manage it--this life of ours. I wouldn't have it any other way.


What is a life with dry eyes, strong knees and a flawless rhythmic heartbeat?







9 comments:

Beka said...

"What is a life with dry eyes, strong knees and a flawless rhythmic heartbeat?" I love it! I couldn't have said it any better myself! <3

Sarah said...

Love it. Especially this part: "God ordained it, and you manage it--this life of ours. I wouldn't have it any other way."

That's the way I feel sometimes. Like I had no idea what I was getting into, but I also can't imagine my life differently. God led us here and is continuing to lead us through this crazy Army life.

Star Spangled said...

Girl, you are SUCH a good writer.

Catherine said...

I love this post :] Especially the last part. It is so true! Thank you for reminding me of this. :]

Mel said...

Life would be so, so boring without the roller coaster. I think it's Gary Allan who says: "Life ain't always beautiful, but it's a beautiful ride."

And we have Uncle Sam to thank for the ride we're on.

LTarmywife said...

Such an incredible and inspirational story to all of us who have spent time away from our spouses due to Uncle Sam.

I left you a blog award over on my page!

Mr. Superman & Mrs. S. said...

Such a wonderful post! As always... Ha ha!

Elizabeth -Mrs Team Smitty said...

Love the layout!!

Hil Fish said...

It is amazing how much we live our lives with nothing within our control. And people wonder why I get so anal about some things. BECAUSE FOR THIS ONE STUPID THING I CAN!!!