In case the really cheap and easy post title doesn't give it away (and my lack of posting lately) my brain is totally fried. I've looked at the blog a couple times yesterday and thought
No, I totally posted since Sunday. There is no way its been this long.
So because of that today's post will be more bullet points than anything but Monday I'll be back with a really awesome MilSpouse discussion question for you all :)
For now though I want to tell everyone why my brain is fried in a completely awesome way:
- We should have G.I. Joe's paper work in about a month! This is exciting and a bit scary. But very soon he'll be doing what he always dreamed of. I can't believe how close we're getting.
- Lucy is putting together sentences a lot more now. Its so cute to hear her say "I WIKE DAT FOUNTAIN!" I could honestly sit and listen to her talk for days on end. Wait, I do get to do that. I miss my tiny baby but I'm having more fun than ever being Lucy's mommy.
- I'm sooooooooooooooooo thrilled to finally be able to say I finished my manuscript!!!! The first of August I'm going to start trying to reel in an agent. Even if nothing ever comes of it though I feel lighter now that I've written it, difficult as it was. So this is like one of my biggest accomplishments ever. 82,000 words on 323 pages. Blood. Sweat. And lots of tears went into that.
- Other cool things I've been wanting to share about new writing gigs: BSF asked to run The Milies as a weekly column! And a new site called Today's Military Spouse asked me to be a regular columnist for them too!
- Lastly....I'm SUPER DUPER excited to official share the news that I won a BSF contest for a spot at BlogHer 2010! Eeeep! (Yeah, that's me trying to control myself but bouncing off the walls) Its going to be awesome! I'm so thankful for the opportunity and it was an honor to be chosen based on my piece The Red, White, and Blue Elephant. Plus I'm stoked to get an opportunity to go back to my favorite city. And I don't think I can put into words how happy G.I. Joe is about this. He won't be at the conference he'll be turning Lucy into a New York baby! Look out Central Park!
If anyone else is going to BlogHer and/or to BSF's Military event that Thursday send me a message so we can meet!
Okay, that's all I have for now.
I'm still trying to recover mentally from the manuscript.
Back for a normal post on Monday.
I hope you lovelies have a fabulous weekend!
(Since I didn't get a lot of sleep, this post exhausted me. I feel so old. I really want to start learning how to knit as a way to relax. Any knitters out there have tips for learning? Any books or websites?)