Friday, July 2, 2010

5 years of fast cars and freedom...






I love July 4th weekend.

Not only because I enjoy the 4th...

but the 2nd is extra special to me, to us.

On July 2nd, 2005 (after 5 years of being best friends) at 4:51 AM
G.I. Joe sent me a text message that changed our lives forever.

"Wanna make good on something a long time coming? Me belonging to you, and you belonging to me."


Later that day we went on our first official date.


I still remember the days of spending hours on the perfect hair, make-up and clothes.
And then pacing by the window.

The moment that cherry red mustang came rolling up our gravel driveway
my heart would race.


To my G.I. Joe:
You didn't even need to ask me that question in your text message.
We belonged to each other before that day on the playground,
before we were even breathing.
And no matter what, we always will.


Thank you for the best 5 years of fast cars and freedom.
Here's to many more.





15 comments:

lmc said...

awww :)

Jen said...

aww...love this :)

Jesse and Marissa said...

how romantic ♥

Sarah said...

Awwwwwwwwwww! That is so sweet! And by the way, I love that song. =)

♥Miss Brittney♥ said...

Congrats on 5 years! Thats awesome, and that text was too sweet! :)

Bonnie said...

aaawwwe! that's so sweeeeet!

and made me tear up a bit =P

Wife on the Roller Coaster said...

So sweet.

Shanda said...

Gorgeous picture, beautiful story. You are so lucky to have found such a great love.

Crazy Shenanigans said...

Aw, Congrats on being together for 5 years! How great!

jleigh2011 said...

Too cute. That is super sweet. Congrats!!

Dani said...

That is so sweet! Aww... what a lovely pair you two make.

September Love said...

I just wanted to say, I LOVE YOU!

Mrs. Wifey said...

Awwww....he is so romantic! You guys are a cute couple -:)

MommyToTwoBoys said...

Wow I feel old. Cell phones weren't even around when me and my husband started dating back in 1993...granted we were in high school...

Mateya said...

Oh I love this! So cute :) And so great we share the almost same "anniversary"!