Friday, July 9, 2010

3 weeks without Daddy looks like...

A HUG! A HUUUUUG, MOMMY!




While G.I. Joe was gone those were the words I heard at every single meal.





For some reason anytime Lucy was placed in her high chair she decided
she couldn't eat without snuggling.




These weren't quick hugs either.

They'd go on so long my arms would fall asleep.

So Lucy would tickle my arm pit that way I didn't have to get up.





And eating wasn't easy.

My Mom would tell Lucy, "Okay, Mommy needs to eat now. Can she sit up?"

To that Lucy would clutch me tighter and shove her fruit in my mouth.







I don't know if she was doing it for her, or for me too.

But I know I've never been hugged more in my life than I was those 3 weeks.



For such a little softie, she sure is my rock.

18 comments:

Amber said...

Such sweetness!!!!! I wish I could've had some of her hugs today:(

Kaylee said...

What a precious little girl!

Charity said...

That is so sweet, what I little love bug!

jleigh2011 said...

Ah, this is too precious. Your gorgeous, I can see where Lucy got her beauty.

Meg said...

Aww, this is so sweet.

Julie the Army Wife said...

She is so sweet!

Mr. Superman & Mrs. S. said...

You are both so beautiful! What sweet tender moments to share with your baby girl.

David and Sarah said...

That is absolutely adorable!! I love the pictures! So Sweet!

Leila said...

Absolutely precious. What a gift from God.

Amanda said...

that is so sweet!!! what a precious little girl.

Young Mom/Wife said...

It always astounds me the way little people handle their emotions when there is life change. What a sweety you have there.

Mary Jason and boys said...

I love this post! What a sweet little girl Lucy is! Kids know when we need hugs. :)

The Voigts said...

How sweet of her! Making sure mommy got all the lovin' she needed.

A Lady in Waiting said...

Absolutely adorable hun! She's such a little cutie

Crazy Shenanigans said...

Aw, what great photos!

Brie said...

Awe! I love this!
It makes me all warm and fuzzy--- my little one is suddenly going through the most loving huggy phase right now too. I'll never tire of it (even when the arms do). :)

Mrs.Hollis2007 said...

too cute!!

R said...

I just love baby girl hugs... those pics are sweet - you're gorgeous, she's adorable... glad she's your rock when you need her :) (and that you're obviously hers as well!) *HUUUUUGS* ;)