Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Too proud to be wordless






We are seriously just days away from G.I. Joe's release from the Guard.

My emotions have been all over the place on this.

I go from out of my mind excited, to being proud enough to cry, and on to exhausted from it all.


Naturally its made me a bit nostalgic.


I found these pictures on our desktop computer from our "early days."
That is, early days with the Guard, and each other.


These pictures were taken July 4th, 2005.
Just 2 days after the text message.



It was the first time we went out as an official couple and he was in uniform.



Is it hard to believe that I still get weak in the knees around this gorgeous soldier?





Back then I had no clue what I was getting myself into but I knew G.I. Joe was worth it.
Today, I still don't know what I'm getting myself into--

but I still know he's worth it.

Hurry home, Love! We have a whole new chapter of craziness ahead!


16 comments:

Mrs. Muffins said...

I love looking at old pictures <3 I have to agree, I had no idea what I was getting into but it's always worth it. xx

The Mrs. said...

I love this entry!!!! I smiled my whole through it!!!!

Expat Girl said...

Awwww you guys have so many exciting things coming up. Cant wait to see you some time soon xoxo

Whitney said...

I love this!

lmc said...

Love all the pics :)

JG said...

I love your pictures! That's why I love photography...the best way to preserve memories. :) I know you've got a lot of great memories ahead, too.

Nichol said...

How exciting! Great flashback photos. This made me smile for you.

A Marine's Wife! said...

you guys are so cute together :)

Jen said...

Love all the pictures!! :)

The Neffs said...

So sweet...It is fun to look back and remember all those special moments. Have a lovely day!

Madison {Life Happens During Naptime} said...

Awww I love the last one! You look so pretty! My hubby still gives me butterflies too ♥

Ashley said...

I love old pictures of a relationship in the making! I went to read the post of the text message and LOVED it!!

Crazy Shenanigans said...

Aw, I love those pictures of you guys together!

Mrs P said...

Awww too cute!! <3

Jessica said...

Love all the pics =)

Karren said...

Aww, love this post!