Sunday, June 20, 2010

Daddy...




I know you have to work today,
but you want to be home with me and Mommy.

That's okay though because I "promise I'll see you soon."
And we'll jam, jam, jam together.

We'll play "CHASE!!!"
And we'll go to Barnes and Noble to read books and play trains.

Then I just know you'll want to buy me a treat...
I mean, you have been away a little while, so you will definitely want to buy me something.
*bats eyelashes rapidly*


But right now you have a job to do.
Take care of the other kids' daddies.
Make sure they know how to work those 50 cal's.
(I don't even know what that last part means, Mommy told me to type it)

I'll try not to ignore you when you come home.
But if I do, its just because I missed you bunches.


When you get home we'll celebrate your day all over again.
I pinky swear, Daddy.

It will be like you didn't miss a thing.
Mommy might even help me make some jambalaya for you!






I love you, Daddy!!!
(In case Mommy hasn't been able to tell you, I sign to her every single day that I love you.)






Happy Father's Day to all the Daddies out there.

Especially the ones who are away from their families.

No matter how far, you are always missed.


~Love Lucy
Proud daughter of a Soldier

11 comments:

Brigette said...

Such sweet/adorable pictures!

Amanda said...

this is the sweetest post!!
and your daughter can sign? that's awesome!!

L said...

That may have made me tear up a little....

Cris said...

that made me cry a little bit. You're family is SO amazing. I hope me and James can some day have a family and that we can deal with him missing father's day. You're my hero!

Crazy Shenanigans said...

Aw! Cutest photos!!!!

MommyToTwoBoys said...

I hadn't planned on crying today...

Mr. Superman & Mrs. S. said...

This is so sweet. What fabulous moments captured in photos.

Mrs. Wifey said...

So adorable....Happy Father's Day!


Musings Of An Army Wife

Ashley said...

SO SWEET!!!!!!!

The Perfect Trio said...

yep, i just cried too!

i miss my hubby...and my son cried himself to sleep last night. we all miss daddy so much. army life is so hard!

My Army Brats and Me said...

YAY! Very sweet....Happy Fathers Day to your hubby.