Friday, May 28, 2010

"Ouh-sigh!"


Eating "chi-chen" nuggets al fresco.





Prissy poses.


Practicing her "But Daaaaaad!" face for when she's a teenager.





"Storm's coming, Mommy...gotta make all my chi-chen disappear!"


"Ta-daaaaa!"





Lucy turned 20 months old this past weekend and I can't believe how much she's maturing every day. This summer is so different from last year because then she wasn't crawling or walking. Now she talks constantly, and learns new words everyday. She runs everywhere and is always begging to go "ouh-sigh!" which means "outside." That's a bit of a broken record in our home. She runs from door to door every single morning trying to twist the child-proof door knobs. If she happens to fall and skin her knee she gets up, keeps running, and kicks and screams if we have to go in. I'm pretty sure if I let her she'd nap on the ground outside. I never imagined a daughter of mine would see an ant on her arm and proudly show it off to people saying "BUG! BUG!"

As much as she's a hyper, rough and tumble chick she's also still the prissiest princess ever. Its just as common for her to dance around the house on her tiptoes doing some rather impressive ballet moves. I think she must have picked this up from a movie or something but when she tells us to "Dance, Dance!" she does it with a European accent. Its adorable.

I used to be nervous about this stage. Not only the fact that she's little, but thinks she's bigger and can do dangerous things, but the fact that everyone seemed to tell me that she'd start pulling away from me now. That's opposite of what Lucy does. As she learns to do more things she wants me there to do them with her, and to give lots of hugs along the way. We're having such a blast with our little girl. (It still feels strange saying that and not "baby.")

One of the funniest things she says, that I'm trying desperately to get on video, is that she is not 1 year old, she's 2. Heaven forbid if you tell this child she's 1. Don't even go there. She's a big girl. And like a big girl...she's already lying about her age!

15 comments:

Whitney said...

She is so adorable! So precious :)

Madison {Life Happens During Naptime} said...

Awww she has changed a lot since I last saw pics of her. She looks so grown up and her hair is getting longer and longer. What a beautiful little girl!

Stephanie Hartman said...

She is the cutest little girl EVER...My niece LOVES playing outside and she will be 2 in September but when we tell her its time to go inside she goes nuts..Haha I think its GREAT that she loves the outdoors..

The LT's Wifey said...

Congratulations on her milestones! She is beautiful!

Jen said...

She is absolutely beautiful!! :) Its awesome that she is a rough and tumble girl but also a little princess. :)

JG said...

She is adorable! I love her faces :)

Amanda said...

That's so precious. I miss that stage. My kids seem to turn into Sybil when they hit their 3's. Thankfully we're halfway to 4 now.

September Love said...

Lucy is so beautiful! Abbey loves to go outside, too. She begs me quite often, but the mosquitos are so bad here! She loves it, though. Miss you guys!

Ashley said...

She is so cute! :)

I love the age thing. That cracks me up.

Kayla Sue said...

Your daughter is absolutely adorable!! I wanted to let you know I am so excited about the "ask the milies" blog you are about to start! Great idea!!!

The Lady said...

Beautiful Pictures! Dax pitches a good one when it's time to come in. It's gotten better, but I have to admit I've conceded a bit. We stay out until I'm sure he's had enough then as soon as I run in the door, I make sure cartoons are on and he can hear them. So far, it works like a charm but it can't last forever.

The Jacobsen Family! said...

Too cute!
Wanted to say thanks to your husband and your family for your service to our country. You are not appreciated enough...
God bless!

Crazy Shenanigans said...

Love the pictures! She's so adorable!

Sarah said...

She's so cute! {I'm sure I've said this a million times before. =)} You have an award at my blog, by the way!

beka said...

She's one of the sweetest things ever! Gosh. It's been so long since my sister was that little:) Love the flower behind her ear.
Ha! lying about her age. *laugh*