Monday, April 19, 2010

You know you've been married to a G.I. Joe...


For quite a while when you come home from a shopping trip to hear the words, "Baby, not one but TWO Ranger Joe catalogues came for you today."

This happened in our house on Saturday afternoon. When I set my Target bags down I rushed to the crisp new Ranger Joe that was waiting for me on the table.

You can also tell you've been married to a G.I. Joe for a while when you get excited about these bad boys...




New MultiCam uniforms!!! Yes I am excited about these. I do love my man in uniform but ACU's are horrendous. I know, I know...the Army doesn't care about looks. ACU's break up the human form better than anything. I would have always thought that I would love ACU's and dislike DCU's. G.I. Joe came home from Iraq in ACU's. We had our most painful goodbyes in DCU's. But there is just something about the tan camo. Its been good enough for a century of war brides so it should have never been replaced to begin with. *Wink!*

Do you ladies ever find yourselves doing things like getting Ranger Joe catalogues and laugh because its odd yet the most natural thing in your world? Here is another one of my favorite "Yep! I'm married to a soldier!" moments.





On a completely different note...I got to hang out with Expat Girl from The Sand Is Different Here twice over the past week! She is such a doll and we hit it off right away. How we ended up "finding each other" is so funny we've been telling the story to everyone we know. One day a couple weeks ago she blogged about a bad thunder storm that had happened the night before. I thought "Hmm...that's odd. We had a seriously huge storm last night too." Then in that same blog she said that it was 90 degrees at the moment. "Hmmm....weird. Its 90 degrees here too." So I left her comment and said something like "This may seem odd but I think we live in the same place!" Haha we do indeed. I am so happy that we've gotten to hang out together. When we met up it was like old friends catching up. At her baby shower on Saturday she introduced me to another blogger that I didn't realize was in our area. Lady In Waiting and I also figured out that we went to the same elementary school and she was just 1 grade ahead of me! How small is our world?!


12 comments:

Mateya said...

How fun to meet some fellow bloggers...I must admit I am a little jealous :) Glad you guys had fun!

Mrs. Muffins said...

I guess when I get my Sgt. Grit catalog or the latest Marine Times, I feel the same way. Lol! I'm so jealous you got to meet other bloggers. I'm gonna have to go up and meet Ashley and Emmett soon ;) *xx*

September Love said...

And you'll get to meet another fellow blogger soon! I'm coming to your area on Friday to see the hubby! :) Is it silly that I'm super excited to meet you? It's like seeing a long lost friend <3

Sarah said...

Awww! I can't wait to meet fellow bloggers!

I'm not sure I share your joy with the new MultiCam uniforms. I just got used to my GI Joe wearing ACU's!!!

Mr. Superman & Mrs. S. said...

That's too funny!

Whitney said...

I'm jealous I wanna hang out.

I kind of like the ACUs, but the Multi-cam looks nice. I have a feeling that where I am at (Kentucky), he won't have multi-cam until a least of couple of years. Honestly, not long ago, is when we got ACUS.

It's like Mark Twain said, "When the end of the world comes, I want to be in Kentucky, because everything there happens 20 years after it happens anywhere else."

LCpl'sPrincess said...

hahaha as a Marine wife i would have to relate your ranger Joe to our Sgt. Grit, and while i still get MORE excited about BRIDES magazine i guess anything is better than bills =)

Chelle said...

Talk about it being bad is when you realize your K-Bar knife is getting old, buy a new one, look at your husbands realize his is bigger and promptly order another one only to brag to the guys about how you can handle a K-Bar.

I get all the magazines too, circle what I want and even get excited when he needs new boots because that means I can get his old ones. I love wearing his boots for working on the trucks, 4 wheeling hunting, etc.

And sadly we have fights over who's Gortex is who's. You'd think we would be smart enough to write our names on the tags but nope always starts a battle. lol

Ashley said...

Have you seen the boots that go with the multicam? DISGUSTING! They look like hiking boots.

Jealous you got to meet blogger friends!

A Sailor's Wife said...

how cool is that!

Mrs. G.I. Joe said...

Haha LCpl'sprincess I totally agree. Anything, even uniform magazines, are better than bills.

Ashley, for me the ugliness of the ACU digital camo is harder to take than the boots of the multicam. I definitely like the current desert boots better, but I'm okay with switching.

The multicam is not something I LOVE...I so wish the DCU's and BDU's were still being worn but these multicam look more serious. The ACU's feel like a pretty boy military look. :P

Amanda said...

LOL I got 2 Ranger Joe catalogs last week too! I cracked up at the post office when I pulled them out of the box and leafed through the mail. You also know you're married to a GI Joe when you can identify what's in the envelope by the gov't return address on the front and the size and shape of the envelope. I can spot Tricare referrals, surveys, general surveys and personnel stuff for DH a mile away.

It's a very small world. I've come across people blogging that grew up in the same area I did. One had a brother a year or so ahead of me in the same school.