Monday, April 5, 2010

Who thought Bunnies and Eggs would be a good combination?




In our house we really like to enjoy the holidays. I guess that's because we've missed so many together and will still be spending holidays apart in the future, until G.I. Joe retires. So, nothing is ever a 1 day event for us.

Easter this year was no different. We started by celebrating with my grandparents on Saturday.

We ate ham, Lucy ripped all the plastic eggs off Grandma's tree, and played with some Strawberry Ice Cream.











On Sunday we celebrated Resurrection Day at church and then continued the fun until Lucy just couldn't stay awake a moment longer.




Daddy putting on Lucy's new gardening apron...she devours strawberries so her "big" gift is stuff to grow her own Strawberry garden this summer.

We dyed eggs, and Lucy's fingers.










All in all, it was a beautiful day.
Lucy held up pretty well even though she's dealing with some minor side effects from her vaccines that she got a week ago.

On that note, at her 18 month check-up they said she's growing right on her curve (short but proportioned) and has double the vocabulary they look for at that age. We're so proud of her.

Friday I was going to post another "interesting" discussion topic, like the tattoo question and the one about kids growing up to be in the military. Then I realized it was Easter weekend and I really wouldn't want this heavy of a topic to be thought about at that. But I'm thinking I'll be posting it this week so be on the look-out.


16 comments:

All About Aleigha said...

Lucy is adorable as always & yall look too cute in your chucks!

Mrs. Muffins said...

I love her crochet hat <3 I've been wanting to get one for Riley but I always end up buying headbands instead, lol... And the chucks are just too cute :)

Mateya said...

Haha! I love that you were all wearing Chucks with your Easter outfits...too cute!

Ashley said...

Love the Chucks!

Erin said...

OMG Love the chucks! But they look the cutest on Lucy :)

Wife on the Roller Coaster said...

Looks like you had a great Easter! Hmm, can't wait for the "interesting" discussion topic this week.

LCpl'sPrincess said...

you have such an eye for photography!

Chelle said...

There is absolutely nothing wrong with wearing Chucks for holidays, weddings, or anything in between.

Lucy is so incredibly adorable. Glad you guys had a great holiday together.

Lisa said...

How cute! Looks like a great Easter!

Ashleigh said...

I love the chucks, your outfits adorable. And rad :)

Young Mom/Wife said...

I love that you all wore sneakers with your Easter outfits! Glad you had a great weekend with family.

Crazy Shenanigans said...

Aw, I love your chucks!!! Glad you had a wonderful Easter together!

Tutus said...

I love your Easter photos! So cute, especially the one with you all in your Chuck Taylors! My prayers are with you and your GI Joe!

♥ Annie ♥ said...

I love, love, love the chucks!! You three look fabulous!

the Somarribas said...

Oh my! What adorable photos! I love the shoes! What a cute family!

Jess said...

I am all about wearing Chucks myself so I find your family portrait absolutely adorable! Lucy is just gorgeous!