Saturday, April 17, 2010

Kids Sacrifice Too


I shared this picture around Lucy's birthday but since its "Month of the Military Child" I had to share it again. Its got to be the best picture I've ever seen in my life.


ISO-Automatic
Aperture-Focused on Perfection
Shutter Speed-Fast enough to capture the proudest moment of our life so far...











Lucy has already had a crash course in the "typical" military brat lifestyle.
She's been through birth, holidays, and weekend strolls while her Daddy has served this country.

One day when she finds out why he was late to the hospital when she was born I hope know she'll be proud to be the daughter of a soldier. I know that soldier is sure proud of her.




If you know a Military Child or have one...give them an extra big hug today.



17 comments:

Mateya said...

What an absolutely priceless photo. I love it! You can truly see how proud and happy he is!

Mrs. Doc Handsome said...

Beautiful photo. Thank you for sharing!

Adriana said...

what a beautiful photo!
(stopping by from sits)

Erin said...

This post is so sweet!

JG said...

What a sweet picture!

Jeannette said...

Will do! I love that photo.

Ashleigh said...

I'm rubbin' my belly! Yay for Military Kids :)

heather said...

such a sweet photo... i know she will be so proud... and im sure my son will follow in his daddy's foot steps and join the military...

Holly Homemaker said...

I've been following your blog for awhile now but I think this is the first time I've commented? Anyway, I just want to share that your blog is fantastic and I really enjoy reading it :) This is such a sweet post too!

A Lady in Waiting said...

What an absolutely adorable photo?! He looks so proud. Give your little one a hug for me...hope to meet her soon. And glad I got to meet you today.

LCpl'sPrincess said...

i didnt know it was month of the military child! though i am soon to be a Marine's wife, i am an Army daughter =) thanx for your hug haha!

Ashley said...

Aw love that picture!

Carrie said...

Oh, so precious! :) I'm glad you shared this one again. I wasn't here for it last time.

Amber said...

I've got 4 brats at home!

Cute pic!

I have a FREE giveaway on my blog. You should come by and check it out. It's, Le Creuset....need I say more?!?!? Your gonna LOVE it!

Beautiful Dreamer said...

That is a great photo! I am sure she will beyond proud to know what a great man her father was/is.
I think you used to follow my blog when it was 3000 miles in love and I wanted to let you know that with the breakup I have decided to change the name. I hope you will continue to follow :]

Amanda said...

That has to be one of the sweetest pictures ever.

Karren said...

SOOO SWEET!!