Thursday, April 8, 2010

Give a little, bless many.

You may be noticing a new button on a few of our military spouses' blogs out there. This button is a very special one and I have to thank Mrs. Muffins for putting it together and Ashely for her awesome brainstorm that led to it.

Its probably still fresh in many people's minds that a dear blog friend of ours, Mrs. P, lost her husband in Afghanistan almost one month ago. Through blog posts, comments, and messages she has given us a peak into life as she walks down this very unexpected path. What we've "seen" has been nothing but grace and a beautiful strength.

Mrs. P is dedicated to keeping Mr. P's memory alive and one way she is doing that is through Hope For Warriors. This is a 5K run that she and a team will be doing and all the proceeds go to help wounded warriors and their families. Our amazing friend has never asked for anything but prayers and support from us. Now, we have a chance to give back and honor Mr. P's memory.

Please think about sponsoring this team in the Hope For Warriors run. It doesn't take much at all to be a blessing to others, every little bit counts. We also hope you'll grab one of these great buttons to put on your blogs as well.

It doesn't matter if you are in the military or not, or married to a service member or not. Warriors give their all for us so...

"Take a second to thank a Warrior who has given his or her life, limb, or general well-being for your freedom." ~Mrs. P



14 comments:

kristy said...

I snagged a button for my blog (:

EMBrooks said...

I love the button! And following your blog! I wish I could be as strong as Mrs. P, I can only imagine what she is going through. Makes me appreciate my military man

A Marine's Wife! said...

wonderful idea for the button..snagging it for my blog!

Crazy Shenanigans said...

That button looks great and who wouldn't support her good cause!?!

JG said...

Thank you guys so much for doing this and giving us a chance to support Mrs P. Passing this on!

Kelly Marie said...

Grabbed the button for my blog!

Mr. Superman & Mrs. S. said...

Grabbing the button! Love Mrs. P. She really is such a phenomenal inspiration to all of us. So graceful and full of strength. Thanks for posting about this!

♥ Mrs. S.

Stacie said...

I added the button to my blog this morning!

I am excited to be following your blog. AND am in awe of Mrs. P's strength! I wept reading her blog - it reminded me of a scabbed over wound.

Wife on the Roller Coaster said...

This is fantastic! On my way to put the button my blog right now.

Lisa said...

I grabbed the button for my blog as well! Thanks so much for this post!

HellcatBetty said...

Put this on my blog right away, and then this evening Rachel commented wondering where it had come from. I sent her a message directing her to this post. Love the button, and support the cause! Thanks for making it and sharing :)

Mrs P said...

So I've been totally crap at reading up on my lovely bloggy friends but I happened to come across it @ HellcatBetty (just had to read the tag chaser post!) and was astonished to see this button! It is so cute and I didn't even know it had been out there. Thank you guys so much. Thank you for all of your support that you've given me and the continued support we continue to receive.

Carrie said...

Wow. It's impressive and inspiring that she had the courage and strength to use her own grief to help others. I'm stealing a button. ;)

Amanda said...

What a great idea! I'm going to snag a button for my blog too. There's no such thing as too much support.