Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Exciting News, 4 Days Ago


{The last 5 chapters}


I had planned on posting this sooner but my brain just sort of went to mush this weekend. But...I finished! I wrote the last chapter of my book!

After a whole year of planning, organizing, thinking, pouring over old letters and journals...


I finished!




The funny thing is that the last post that I wrote about only have 1 chapter left was a previously scheduled post. I wrote that at 8:30 PM on Friday evening and scheduled it for Saturday morning, when I figured I'd be working away at the last chapter. Well, I finished that's days writing on a high note and apparently my body/mind were just ready to be done. So at 11:30 I got out of bed and stayed up until almost 4 in the morning. I wrote 2 chapters in 1 day!

And I managed to finish an entire week ahead of my original schedule.

I can't tell you how relieved and proud I am to have finished. There is still a lot of work to do but I've accomplished more than than a lot of people in this world have. Its also made me physically feel lighter than ever. I finally got stuff out and faced my demons from that year. It definitely wasn't easy. So many authors have said that editing is harder than the writing part. I completely disagree in this case. If the writing was easier than you're probably not writing about a subject that affects you very much.

I had really wanted to return all my emails this weekend, schedule a bunch of blog posts to go up and all that jazz but I finally crashed. If you've emailed me about being on the military blog roll or just to chat I'm really not ignoring you! I just needed a little break. I've made G.I. Joe laugh quite a lot this weekend by tripping over my words. On Sunday we took Lucy to my Grandparent's house to play. When we put her in the car I looked in the back seat and said "Oh! There's her hatter and sweat!" Haha...can you guess what I was trying to say? Then when we got her in the car to leave my Grandma was commenting on how tired Lucy looked. I confidently said "Yeah, she'll be asleep before we get out onto the internet." Sigh.

I'm taking a little bit of much need brain relaxation time right now. But I had to say a huge Thank You to all of you who left me sweet comments while I was writing. It seriously kept me going knowing that somewhere out there other military spouses wanted to read our story. That's why I'm doing this. It was (in a small non-monetary way) for me because I needed to deal with some things, but its always been in hopes that another spouse would read it and benefit from it. Anytime I got tired of writing about the danger G.I. Joe was in or yet another middle-of-the-night panic attack that sent me running to puke in the bathroom, I would just read some of your comments and remember why I was writing.

Over these next two weeks we have so much fun stuff, and exciting stuff, coming up. Today we're off on a quick trip to the beach because I have a pre-event meeting about a military spouse event that I'm working at with an awesome designer. I really can't seem to chill out but I wouldn't have my life any other way!



A favorite past time of ours is to go on "dream house drives."
That's one way we celebrated this weekend.



27 comments:

L.C. said...

Congrats!!! can't wait to read it when it is finally published!! Great job on sticking to your goal!

Erin said...

Congratulations on finishing!!!

Melissa Andersen said...

Glad to hear you've come out on the other side. Enjoy some well-deserved time off!

Stephanie Hartman said...

YAY!!! I know your super proud and excited that you have finished I can't wait to read it..I think what you have done it remarkable..
Love Stephanie H.

Crazy Shenanigans said...

Congrats J! I'm so excited for you! Have a great time on your beach trip!!!

....mrs.wood..... said...

congrats!!! i too can't wait to read your book. thank you for all the time and effort and more you have put into this book because i know it will probally be added to my collection of military spouse must have and well read books. enjoy the beach and some relaxation.

R said...

YAY for you!! so exciting!! and congrats for finishing (and ahead of schedule!!) :) woo hoo! time for celebratory a drink or two? ;)

Amanda said...

Congratulations on finishing! That's really exciting! I can't wait to see the finished product. Enjoy being done and I hope you have a great time at the beach.

Whitney said...

Congrats!

I love driving around with David and looking at big, expensive houses.

Michelle said...

Yay even though I'm new to your blog, congrats on finishing! What a huge accomplishment!! I'm sure it will be great.

I love looking at dream houses too! I used to spend Sundays with my parents looking at the new model homes when they popped up in our neighborhood.

EMBrooks said...

Yay! Can't wait to read the book!

butterfly11780 said...

How exciting for you!!! Congrats on finishing your book! I hope one day I get the motivation to start many of the ideas I have for a novel.

Mateya said...

What a relief! Congratulations on finishing the book...how exciting! I hope you try your best to relax and joy a couple of days...you deserve it!

I know I have already said this but I truly cannot wait to read this...I am so proud of you. Like you said, you have accomplished a lot more than most people!

Wife on the Roller Coaster said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! You must feel such a sense of relief and accomplishment. I know we're all waiting to buy the book and cheer you on to the NY Times bestsellers list. Be proud of yourself and do some celebrating!

J. L. W. said...

Congratulations!!! Have fun at the beach!

Ashley said...

Yay for being done! Congrats!

We do those dream house drives every weekend, lol!

LCpl'sPrincess said...

CONGRATS J!!!!!!!!!!!

MrsThomas said...

I too mix up my sentences... Some favorites, "oh honey! The lard yooks nice!" and "The smogs are really delly". :) I'm looking forward to someday (soon) getting my hands on your book and reading it! Can't wait!

Brandi said...

HUGE happy congrats!! : D

I can't imagine how it feels to finish writing something so important to you. : )

I looove going on Dream House drives too! lol

JG said...

That is absolutely fantastic!! Congratulations!!

A Lady in Waiting said...

WOW!!! Congrats to you on finishing! That's so exciting. I can't wait to read it. If you need anything let me know. I'd love to get together soon, but understand things are crazy.

Madison {Life Happens During Naptime} said...

Yay congrats!

Mr. Superman & Mrs. S. said...

Yay! That is incredible :) We go on dream house drives too. South Georgia has a ton I wish for every time we drive by. Dreaming big!

♥ Mrs. S.

The Mrs. said...

I'm a new follower, but how exciting!!! I can't wait to read your book!!! :-)

A Sailor's Wife said...

that's awesome! congrats!

We love going on 'dream house drives'as well <3

Wife on the Roller Coaster said...

Hey Girl! Thanks for joining the blog hop. For some reason your link on the Linky wasn't working, but I just fixed it. Happy blog hopping!

September Love said...

Love, Love, and MORE love to you, J! You're beyond Awesome!