Thursday, April 1, 2010

Zoom, Zoom, Zoom

I think my body has forced my brain to finally slow down.

I've been doing soooooo much lately...which I'll be able to explain soon.
And now its like "Okay, do we really need super clever blog posts on the to-do list as well?"

So please excuse the cobwebs in my head.
I may be posting pictures and recipes for the next week so that I can relax a bit.



For our birthdays back in February G.I. Joe and I decided to save our gift money and get a new telephoto zoom lens. This thing is amazing! We now have a 200mm instead of a 55. The difference is incredible.


I snapped this picture over the weekend. In the full size version you can actually see the fuzzy hairs on this monsterous bumble bee! You can believe that I was not willing to get too close to that thing!




Best food ever: Caturra Shake (expresso, ice cream, and hazelnut syrup)
BLT (with Apple Mayo and cranberry tossed salad)







My Adorable {camera shy} 'Joe.



13 comments:

Mrs. G.I. Joe said...

I also forgot to add that these pictures aren't edited. The top one was just cropped. I really LOVE this lens :)

Erin said...

Oh, I am dying for a telephoto lens. I am actually getting to the point of dropping obnoxious hints at my husband everytime I am taking pictures. Like, "oh gee, iI could get a really good shot of that if I had a telephoto lens."

And Ps. Love the photos in your header!

Mrs. Muffins said...

Oh, I love photo posts :) You have a Nikon right? Mine's the D5000 and I just got the kit lens with it. I'm not complaining but I want a telephoto lens now, too!

Ashley said...

I want a nice lens for my DSLR. Maybe I will get one for graduation!!

Ashleigh said...

I so, so SO. SO! want a DSLR camera. SO badly! Where did you learn photography? Did you teach yourself?

Amber said...

I want a new lens too! I have a D60...and would LOVE LOVE LOVE a new lens.....maybe with the extra deployment $$$$...shhh, don't tell.

Lisa said...

Sweet new lens!

I can't wait to get a DSLR someday! I used to play with them all the time at my old job. Can't wait to buy one and have things to photograph. :)

♥ Annie ♥ said...

I love that picture!!

MommyToTwoBoys said...

That bee picture is absolutely amazing! You need to start charging girl!

Carrie said...

Wow. That first image is spectacular! :)

Sarah Ruth said...

Holy CRAP! I want a new camera and lens! Those pics are incredible!

Mrs. Muffins said...

I forgot to tell you I love that you added some pictures to your header :)

And, I left you an award on my blog!

Ashleigh said...

I left you one too! It's cause your blog is EXTRA beautiful :)