Tuesday, March 23, 2010

What a difference a year makes.

Our LoveBug is 18 months old today!

That completely blows my mind. In some ways I feel like Lucy has always been part of our family and with us. But there are moments when I feel like I'm still laying in that hospital bed with her snuggled into my arms waiting for G.I. Joe to walk through the door and meet his daughter.

This time last year she was still just a Roley poly squish.
She wasn't crawling, rolling over, walking or doing a whole lot of anything besides giggling and pulling my hair.









Now my little Princess tries to climb everything: stairs, trees, and literally tries to climb the walls.

She has quite a vocabulary. Some of her latest words are:
treasure
daisy
dizzy
easy
apple
pillow
pretty
tasty
two
Good girl.
Disney, go go!
Gotta go!
sure
no
fluffy

And more...that's just off the top of my head.










"But Daddy! I NEED the mulch!"






Its been amazing to watch Lucy grow, and to watch us as a family grow.

As I mentioned in my last post, G.I. Joe had always lived away before March 20th 2009.

When he moved home Lucy knew who he was but still treated him kind of like a stranger. To watch her go from that to recognizing him, playing with him, saying Dada, and even crying occasionally when he leaves the room has been the highlight of my year.



*In case you were wondering this isn't my "official" exciting news. Although, its exciting to me that Lucy is 18 months now because when G.I. Joe left to go back to Fort Dix after she was born I didn't know if I would be able to take care of such a helpless little thing on my own*




16 comments:

mrs_muffins said...

Its amazing to see photos of her. Since shes just a little older than Riley, I look forward to the future when Riley's doing all the things Lucy is doing now. Of course, I also want to freeze time... pretty soon she wont be a baby anymore :(

Expat Girl said...

Aw yay Happy-18 months to Lucy! Adorable photos

Amber said...

She's so adorable!

JG said...

Pretty pictures!! :)

Mateya said...

Such a little sweetie!

Jeannette said...

Okay... the pictures of her and the tree? ABSOLUTELY ADORABLE! I just made a post about my little one growing up too fast already. We moms are so torn over how awesome it is when they learn a new skill and the pain of them growing up right before our eyes.

All About Aleigha said...

Such a cutie pie!

Katie F said...

She is soo cute!! What great pics of her

Ashley said...

She's such a big girl! Disney, go go! CRACK ME UP!

Crazy Shenanigans said...

Aww! Girl I miss you! Email me!

BluePixo Entertainment said...

Great Pics!

Stopping by from "All About Toys"
http://bluepixo.blogspot.com

J.J. said...

Those photos are precious. :)

Michelle Ioapo A'etonu said...

Lucy is so precious and beautiful. Great pics!

Jenn said...

absolutely adorable!

Juliana said...

Adorable pictures honey! Happy 18 months to you and her!

jwhitley said...

i'm still new to this whole blogging world, but enjoying it thus far. you definitely inspire me to keep on trucking towards whatever life holds next and to keep writing it all down! thanks! :)