Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Quantum Toddler Physics.

First I have to say thanks to everyone who chimed in on the last post! I'm always curious to hear people's experiences and different views on issues like that. Its so funny how many of us do have very similar experiences yet the way they shape us is completely opposite. If you haven't commented yet but want to add your two cents on whether you'd like you kids to be in the military or married to the military when they grow up, then please leave me a comment!

Totally different post today...

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

I really feel like last St. Patrick's Day and the one before it weren't that long ago. March 17th 2008 found me at the OB's office having my 3 month check-up and Lucy was doing flips and dives in my tummy. St. Patrick's Day 2009 was Lucy's very first and we celebrated by going to a childrens' book signing.

This year I keep thinking "Where on earth is my baby?" I used to have a chunky, bald, sweet little lumpy thing to dress up and pose for pictures. Now...I couldn't get this adorable ball of energy to barely slow down and eat this afternoon.

Why does time pass sooooooooooooooooooo incredibly slow when you want it to speed up but fly by when you actually want it to drag for a while? Ugh. I don't even pretend to understand how time, space, mind, and matter all come together to create the universal "they grow up so fast" cliche. All I know is that next St. Patrick's Day will be here before I can blink and we'll be stationed who knows where.

One thing I am liking about time lately is that for some mysterious reason Lucy put herself back on a 12 hour schedule at night when we "sprung forward." Ever since Sunday she's been going to bed around 8-8:30 and staying in bed till 8 AM or 9. Let me make this loud and clear: my child does not sleep 12 hours a day. She wakes up many times at night still. But its just heaven knowing I have approximately 12 hours to spend some downtime with G.I. Joe, look at Cake Wrecks, read, and sleep. Maybe when March 17th 2011 rolls around I will be able to say she's sleeping through the night. That's one thing to look forward to!



3/17/2009



Ready for nap but sitting up and eating her chicken nuggets like a big girl.



3/17/2010





9 comments:

Kelly Marie said...

Happy St. Patty's Day! What adorable pictures!! & I couldn't agree more - I hate how time works the opposite of how we want it.

JG said...

I love her little green tutu!!

Ashley said...

She's so sweet! :)

mrs_muffins said...

I'm asking myself the same thing... I really can't believe how fast time goes. I still feel like I should be pregnant, not about to celebrate my baby's first birthday! I love Lucy's tutu from last year! And her hair is so adorable, it looks just like a pixie cut. Have you had it trimmed yet or does it just grow like that?

:)
xx

Mrs. G.I. Joe said...

Thanks girls!

We've yet to trim her hair. It just grows naturally like that. Now that you mention it I can see the pixie cut. Its getting so thick its starting to remind me of Audrey Hepburn's pixie cut. If she sweats the slightest in her sleep it actually breaks out in curls all over. Its the cutest thing ever :)

I think we may do her first hair cut at Disney this year. Even then we won't be cutting off much!

Lisa said...

She is so cute!! Happy St Paddy's day!

Richele said...

Happy St. Paddy's Day! You now, I didn't even know it was until late today! LOL...and I'm Irish! LOL.

Oh and I would be very proud to have one of my kids join the military! Being married to a soldier is just wonderful also! I want whatever God wants for my kids...so whatever that is works for me. In fact, I am always telling people I'm grooming my son for the Air Force Academy. lol.

Shayla said...

she is SO precious!!!

i love lookin at cake wrecks!!!!


your blog is adorable!!!

LCpl'sPrincess said...

she is absolutely adore! congrats!