Sunday, March 7, 2010

Mouth watering Lamb Chops

Its been so long since I've posted recipes!

Here is my favorite type of meat. I really don't like meat, I only eat it when I have to but these are delicious. They fall off the bone and melt in your mouth.

What you need:
3 racks of lamb
1 cup of olive oil
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1/2 cup cilantro
1/2 cup parsley
a pinch of ground cinnamon
a few dashes of salt and pepper

To make the marinade:
Pour your olive oil, cilantro, parsley, garlic, and cinnamon all into a blender.
Pulse until the parsley and cilantro have been chopped thoroughly.


To prepare the lamb chops
simply cut along each bone to separate the chops.
Trim however much fat you want to.
I personally like these lean so we cut away quite a bit of the fat.
Using a marinade brush cover all sides, top and bottom, of each chop with the olive oil mixture.
Lastly, sprinkle the tops with your salt and pepper.



At this point you can either cook the lamb chops right away or put them in the fridge for a few hours to let the flavors absorb. Either way these chops will turn out extremely tasty.




To cook the lamb chops cover the bottom on a skillet with a thin layer of olive oil.
Place the skillet over a medium high heat until the oil warms up.
When the pan is nice and hot add however many lamb chops that can lay flat.


Cook/sear for about 5 minutes on each side.
Lamb is a lot like steak so if you like your steak well done cook your chops for about a minute longer.


BE CAREFUL: The skillet is going to get very hot during the time it takes to cook 3 racks. Because the olive oil bubbles and pops keep all little ones, pets, and accident prone adults away from the simmering chops.



All that's left is to enjoy!

I never realized how easy it would be to cook something like lamb chops until I tried this recipe. It doesn't take long at all but your dinner guests will swear you're a gourmet chef!





*This recipe can serve about 4-6 adults. However, Mrs. G.I. Joe can not guarantee that 2 men won't devour all of these. The chops are addictive so ration as you see fit.*




9 comments:

mrs_muffins said...

I don't eat meat but I love the plate the chops are on :) Lol!

Mary R. said...

Oh, that looks yummy. We love lamb.

Jim and Jami said...

this recipe looks really yummy. My husband loves lamb, me not so much which can be a problem since I am a chef by trade, however I would love to make this recipe for my husband.....let you know how it goes.....

Ashley said...

I cant even stomach the idea of eating lamb, lol, but those look good!

JG said...

I'll definitely be bookmarking these :)

Chelle said...

I don't think I've ever had lamb chops. I've had elk, deer, buffalo, bear, etc but never lamb. Will have to try it one day.

Michelle Ioapo A'etonu said...

oh my! deeeeee-licious!

Karrah said...

drools .. i could go some of them right about now .. yuummmooooo

Christa said...

It's like you read my mind, I was just saying how I had never had lamb and would love to try it if I had a recipe, guess I have no excuses now :)