Monday, February 1, 2010

A new award...

will be my contribution to the blogging world.




I haven't posted awards and they are really backing up! I have a bunch from all the way back in September. It takes forever to link all these and what not so I've decided to start a new award to pass on to everyone.

This is called The Bogart.
It means you're really going places, Baby.
You'll still be blogging about your great adventures 10 years from now,
and I'll still be reading them.

The Rules:
Link back to the blogger who sent you the award.
Post where you would like to be in 10 years.
Pass this on to 10 other special bloggers.

Where I'd like to be in 10 years:
In a warmer climate, driving a cute little Nissan Murano, living on an Army post anywhere with G.I. Joe and Lucy. And having a few books published wouldn't hurt this picture either.



And the award goes too.....

Mrs. P
Ashley at Raising Brats
JG at Perpetual Newlyweds
Theta Mom
Crazy Shenanigans
Katie
Rachel
Madison at LDHN
Charity
Mrs. Muffins


Okay, that's it for me and awards for a while. Thank you so much for all who have passed them on to me! I'm honored and I hope this award will make its way around to lots of amazing bloggers.

On a different note...Lucy is doing much better now with G.I. Joe being away. She still misses him and asks for him, but she's actually sleeping better than ever at night and being even more affectionate. I didn't think that was possible because she's the most loving kid on the planet. I miss my soldier terribly, though. We thought we'd be able to talk more often but he's got so much studying to do in what little down time they are given that we only get to text each other some days.

The countdown starts now! He'll be home (hopefully) in 12 days....which also happens to be my birthday!

I hope you all will hang with me through these next couple months. I'm in my last "big push" to get my book ready for agents to read. I'm going to try to post here twice a week (I'd like to post more often) but I've got to throw myself into the book and building my author website/platform. This story is not just mine but its the story of each of my sisters, the Silent Ranks. I have faith that all this hard work will be pay off and someone out there can be helped by it. So, if you don't see a post every day or two please don't jump ship!


12 comments:

JG said...

Thank you so much for the award! Gotta love Bogey :) I'll be sure to pass it along here soon...

And congrats on being down to the editing stage. That's so exciting!

mrs_muffins said...

Thank you for the award! I'm so excited to read your book!

Theta Mom said...

I won't jump ship mama! Cpngrats on getting so far yourself! Are you sharing the link to the author site?

And thanks so much for this award!!!! :)

Charity said...

Thanks girl!! I will be sure to pass it along!! My countdown has begun too, yeah for the final days!!!

Expat Girl said...

Good luck with finishing the book! : )

Rachael said...

Thanks so much!

Ashley said...

Thank you so much!m
I'm so glad Lucy is doing better with GI Joe being gone. :) & I hope he gets to come home on your b-day, how great would that be!?
I cant wait to get your book--and be like I "know" her! :)

Crazy Shenanigans said...

Aw! Thanks for the award! You're fabulous! I sent you an email the other day, I don't know if you got it or not. I sent it from work and the network was being weird. That's great that you've only got 12 days to go!

Mad {Life Happens During Naptime} said...

Thank you! What a cute idea to make up your own award!

Mrs. G.I. Joe said...

Thank you's and your welcome's all around, ladies :)

I actually cannot share my author site on here. I will be writing under a pen name (I don't advice any military spouse to ever write a book under their real name for many reasons) so at some point I'll have to stop talking about all book progress.

It sucks because I have instant marketing potential and built in platform with this blog but with G.I. Joe's job I have to do it this way. That means keeping up another blog/website on the side, starting from scratch and re-joining all my social networks to make contacts under a new name. Basically...a ton of work in addition to the book itself!

Working Mommy said...

YAY for a new award!! Happy Birthday - fellow Aquarian!!!

~WM

J. L. W. said...

Good luck with your book!