Since my last "real" post was so I could vent about G.I. Joe and pretend I was mad at him instead of missing him terribly, I figured I should follow it up with how I actually feel.
These are some things, slightly random things, that I miss and adore about my Soldier:
- I miss his "protection by nagging" behavior. See, I'm extremely accident prone. I've got a tendency towards things like burning my hand on the oven rack (even using a pot holder), snapping a finger in Lucy's stroller clasp, or almost slipping off the counter when I have to climb up on it to reach something high. Those things happen less when he's around because he lectures me on house hold dangers. I roll my eyes, but end up being more careful.
- I miss hearing him laugh. The few conversations we've had on the phone have been very serious and short because of how stressful this particular school is. Seeing him text "LOL" when I tell him it looks like an abominable snowman took a giant poo on our yard just isn't the same as actually hearing him howl over my warped sense of humor. I can't wait to make him laugh again.
- I miss him being in the car with me and turning the radio off so we can talk, instead of listening to Dashboard Confessional. Yes, ladies...I have a husband who actually likes talking to me! Go ahead and swoon :)
- I miss arguing with him in the kitchen over cooking techniques. The boy just won't seem to get it through his head that my way is the right way. But that makes life more fun. Shh...don't tell him I said that.
- I miss him opening doors for me and giving me that "What do you think you are doing, Woman?" look when I try to open one myself.
- I miss hearing Lucy squeal "DADDY! DADDY! DADDY!" when I take her downstairs after her daily nap.
- I miss him kissing me goodnight, brushing the hair out of my face, and telling me to smile more and not worry about wrinkles.
We will all be so glad once WLC is over. To show how stressful their environment has been, he told me that this weekend they had someone go AWOL....with only a week left in the course! Needless to say, I'm already over flowing with pride that my G.I. Joe has stuck it out and done such a great job. He's passed everything with flying colors and will be graduating on Saturday! Time between now and then will go by so slowly here because we're expecting yet another dumping of snow tomorrow and Saturday happens to be my birthday. Of course time is required to slow down when you want it to speed up!