Tuesday, February 9, 2010

My mushy side.




Since my last "real" post was so I could vent about G.I. Joe and pretend I was mad at him instead of missing him terribly, I figured I should follow it up with how I actually feel.

These are some things, slightly random things, that I miss and adore about my Soldier:

  • I miss his "protection by nagging" behavior. See, I'm extremely accident prone. I've got a tendency towards things like burning my hand on the oven rack (even using a pot holder), snapping a finger in Lucy's stroller clasp, or almost slipping off the counter when I have to climb up on it to reach something high. Those things happen less when he's around because he lectures me on house hold dangers. I roll my eyes, but end up being more careful.

  • I miss hearing him laugh. The few conversations we've had on the phone have been very serious and short because of how stressful this particular school is. Seeing him text "LOL" when I tell him it looks like an abominable snowman took a giant poo on our yard just isn't the same as actually hearing him howl over my warped sense of humor. I can't wait to make him laugh again.

  • I miss him being in the car with me and turning the radio off so we can talk, instead of listening to Dashboard Confessional. Yes, ladies...I have a husband who actually likes talking to me! Go ahead and swoon :)

  • I miss arguing with him in the kitchen over cooking techniques. The boy just won't seem to get it through his head that my way is the right way. But that makes life more fun. Shh...don't tell him I said that.

  • I miss him opening doors for me and giving me that "What do you think you are doing, Woman?" look when I try to open one myself.

  • I miss hearing Lucy squeal "DADDY! DADDY! DADDY!" when I take her downstairs after her daily nap.

  • I miss him kissing me goodnight, brushing the hair out of my face, and telling me to smile more and not worry about wrinkles.


We will all be so glad once WLC is over. To show how stressful their environment has been, he told me that this weekend they had someone go AWOL....with only a week left in the course! Needless to say, I'm already over flowing with pride that my G.I. Joe has stuck it out and done such a great job. He's passed everything with flying colors and will be graduating on Saturday! Time between now and then will go by so slowly here because we're expecting yet another dumping of snow tomorrow and Saturday happens to be my birthday. Of course time is required to slow down when you want it to speed up!




14 comments:

Ashley said...

Okay, another reason we're twins: I am the most accident-prone woman ever. Its ridiculous. I'm surprised I haven't dropped my child yet.
I hope the time goes by sooo fast for you! I know what its like being snowed in. And missing your solider. :)

Sonia said...

oh...soooo mushy!!! But I loved it!

Alia said...

WLC did feel like forever but when they graduate it is SO worth it! You'll be so proud! very sweet about the door thing, my husband used to do that lol :)

JenandJeff said...

My husband left of BCT a month ago and we are expecting our first child in June..when he was home it would drive me crazy that he would nag be about how I was eating, whether I was exercising enough, whether I was sleeping on my belly, how hot was my water in the shower, was i taking my vitamins...But now, I would do anything to have him home and nagging at me again!!!

Working Mommy said...

Only a few more days lovie!! You'll be fine!

~WM

Catie said...

Isn't it funny when they are gone, we miss the things that normally annoy us? You know, he steals the blankets from me everynight, but when he's gone, I just hate having those blankets all to myself.
I hope he gets home soon for you!

Chelle said...

I just started crying. I miss mine too but trying desperately not to admit it because if I do I just might break down. I hope the time apart hurries up for you two and you are reunited once again.

Caitlin said...

I miss holding hands. :(

Mary Jason and boys said...

Super mushy and I loved every word of it! You are such a great couple!

Crazy Shenanigans said...

You've only got a few more days!!!

MommyToTwoBoys said...

So sad when they are away. Especially with little ones. I am not sure which is worse; when they realize Daddy is missing and call for him, or when you feel so sad because all they know is suddenly Daddy is gone, they don't understand and you can't explain it to them.

Also, I gave you an award on my blog! Go check it out!!!

Mrs. G.I. Joe said...

Thanks, Ladies!

:)

I'm really excited about him coming home. Graduation, Birthday, and homecoming all on Saturday!! Big day in the G.I. Joe house!

ZenMom said...

Wow, what a great guy. He actually wants to talk...really? You did score. Hope he is home with you soon.

Mrs. G.I. Joe said...

Haha...I know, right! That always amazes me. I try to turn on some punk rock while we're on a date in the car and he turns it off. He gives me this pitiful look and says "Don't you want to talk?" Its so cute! I'm blessed :)