Sunday, February 7, 2010

He had the audacity!

There is a coping mechanism that all military spouses rely on at one point or another when dealing with separation:

Anger.

Its pretty much understood that either before your man leaves or while he's gone you'll find yourself getting annoyed with him over nothing. Some women take it to the extreme, but I've found that every now and then it helps my day move along. I know I can't stay in bed all day and mope, because I have Lucy to take care of. Its not something I set out to do but I find that when I start to feel like I'll breakdown if I don't get a call from G.I. Joe soon, a reason to be irritated with him presents itself.

This week I've got a real doozie to use. Before he left he had the nerve to clean! Can you believe that??? My husband had the audacity to clean the house so I wouldn't have to worry about it for a while. Ugh. So annoying.

Why is having a husband who cleans a problem?

Well, its because his "cleaning" means he hides things and tucks them away. Now when I got to get things like, oh I don't know, maybe my camera charger, 8 Simple Rules dvd's, or my Stitch Witchery...they are no where to be found. Of course, they are working him day and night so he can't really say "Hey Sarge! Hold on a sec...I gotta tell my wife where to find her deodorant." For some reason the Army doesn't look too kindly on that sort of thing.

These things are silly, I know. I just miss my husband. And spending 5 minutes "venting" about how he helps me clean house just helps.






Not helping the "I miss my soldier blues" is the 2nd winter storm we've gotten since he left. If you don't remember...here are my feelings for snow. They haven't changed a bit.






10 comments:

TheAlbrechtSquad said...

I have the same type of husband..he means well but often doesn't realize that he's causing me more work.

But I think I'll keep him anyway, haha.

blueviolet said...

I don't really like when people help me clean either! I want it done my way! Sorry that you're missing the hubs!

Stephanie Hartman said...

Girl I agree with the cleaning think they really do mean to help they just don't realize they are causing more work for us lol. My hubs leaves next month for boot camp and school I'm very nervous because we have never been apart in 2 years so I have to keep telling myself everything will be fine we both Love each other so much that we can do this..

April (Mama is on the Potty) said...

I hate it when my husband does that. I think he does it on purpose so I tell him not to clean.
Keep warm and keep venting! (hugs)

Ashley @ {Let Go, Laughing} said...

my husband is not in the military but he does that same thing about hiding stuff wherever HE thinks it should go... drives me nuts! i can never find anything and then he throws it back in my face by saying that if i had just put it away myself, it wouldn't be a problem. drives me nuts! haha

JG said...

Yeah, the night before leaving to see SoldierMan last week, we got in a huge fight over the phone. Like an all-out bawling fight. I know it was just nerves, but gosh it's frustrating.

Lisa said...

Haha I totally know what you mean! P and I still have our own places, but when he was home, he'd sometimes "clean up" the things I left in the bathroom (toothbrush, hairdryer, etc) and I couldn't find them!

Drove me crazy! Hope that you stay warm and missing him gets a little easier!

Katie F said...

I loved this post. I go through the same thing before the hubby leaves. Everything he does makes me mad!! And I totally understand about trying to find everything after they leave. M always moves stuff around or changes things and I have no idea what he does with that stuff so of course I spend alot of time trying to find the things he changed!!

HellcatBetty said...

Haha!! My hubs does that, except his version of "cleaning" is to sort through crap and then leave piles of stuff all over the house because he doesn't know what to do with it but can't get rid of it. This is the state he left our house in when he left for deployment last June! No joke, I just now got the house organized and cleaned. And then he's gonna come home and mess it all up!

Working Mommy said...

Don't know about you...but we're looking at another 16 inches by tomorrow night...YIKES!

~WM