Wednesday, December 23, 2009

You better watch out, You better not...



G.I. Joe made it home shortly after midnight on December 22nd! I got butterflies when I heard him pulling into the driveway. That's the one good thing I can say about all the time we've ever had to spend apart. Things never get old. I'm not just happy when he comes home (even from just a drill weekend) but I get nervous and anxious. Its like he's picking me up for our first date all over again.

I'll have to post some pictures sometime next week from his trip. There are pictures of G.I. Joe and his dad where they are both just grinning from ear to ear. Those made it all worth it for me. Well, the big box of Louisiana Fish Fry Products he brought me back didn't hurt either! Even though he won't admit it, I'm pretty sure G.I. Joe choked up himself when he arrived down there. He said I gave him and his dad the best Christmas present ever. The fact that he made it home in time for Christmas too is amazing. On the news they have reported that some travelers have been told their airlines won't get them home until Friday or Saturday. We feel so blessed.

Since he's been home we've been wrapping, buying, eating heaping bowls of jambalaya and having fun little experiences with Santa pictures. Its tradition in our family for all the grandkids to get these made. Last year Lucy was young enough to not care that some strange old man was holding her. This year...well, she didn't even want 10 feet near him. These pictures are always great to have because of the unpredictability that kids add to it.



This is Lucy clinging to me when she realized we were next. At the back of the line she would point and say "Who, Who, Whoooo!" (That's what she says for Ho Ho Ho)







After experiencing the "joy" that only a mall Santa can bring...Lucy was exhausted!


6 comments:

M {Life Happens During Naptime} said...

I adore the last one! She looks so big!!!

Mrs. G.I. Joe said...

Haha...yeah all stretched out like that she looks a lot bigger than she actually is. You'd think she was a tall baby for this pic. But she's still short like Mommy :)

Crazy Shenanigans said...

Aw yay! I'm glad the weather finally was able to let him get home from LA. I got your email but I'll have to email you after tomorrow. Hope you have a wonderful Christmas!

mrs_muffins said...

Aww, she looks so comfy :)
Happy Anniversary!!!

Ashley said...

OMG that is such a cute picture of her passed out!

All About Aleigha said...

Lucy is so cute. Did G.I. Joe come to Louisiana? That's where I live. Hope yall have a Merry Christmas.