Monday, December 28, 2009

Sleepy Wrap Classic Review




I have to first say that I love the Sleepy Wrap Classic. I really wish I just would have invested in one of these when Lucy was born instead of doing my own home made Moby wrap. The wrap that I had made worked out fine until she got to be a certain size but after she hit a few growth spurts it just didn't feel strong enough.

The Sleepy Wrap Classic has an amazing combination of strength and comfort. When I wrapped it the first few times without Lucy in it I couldn't believe how tight I could tie it but still feel like I could move and breath. The fabric never felt hot or heavy. In talking with the people at Sleepy Wrap I found out that this wrap could support up to 45 pounds! That could be about the size of a 4 year old, just to give you a frame of reference. So I was excited to try out my favorite form of "baby wearing" with Lucy as a 20 pound toddler.

The Sleepy Wrap will definitely support the weight. No doubt about that. I managed to get Lucy into a hip hold and it supported her 100% with no strain on either one of us. The only problem is that toddlers aren't as cooperative as little babies are. I had the hardest time getting her into the wrap if it was already on me or trying to wrap it with her in it.

I think that the Sleepy Wrap Classic is best suited for babies that aren't yet walking. Lucy still loves to be carried but if I have to take any amount of time to get her into something like a wrap then she wants down to run around. At this stage I need something I can literally just slide her into and go. But I would really like to encourage all of you new mommies out there to try out Sleepy Wrap. There are so many benefits to doing a wrap with young babies like sleeping better and help with colic. I've tried other wraps and Sleepy Wrap is by far the most comfortable and functional. Which is why I'm so disappointed Lucy has decided she's past the wrap stage! Otherwise, we'd still be using our Sleepy Wrap every day!

3 comments:

Julie said...

That looks comfy! I am looking forward to finding a new carrier when I have another baby :)

Working Mommy said...

I'm a huge fan of a backpack sort of item for kiddos that can walk who like to be held. That way it is easy to get on and off - so the ups and downs are much easier!

~WM

Stockpiling Mom said...

Following you from MBC!

Stop by my blog when you get a chance.

http://www.stockpilingmom.com

Melissa