Thursday, December 17, 2009

My Grinch Moment and Cindy Lou Who's Gingerbread.

I willingly ditched a little of my Christmas spirit on the highway today. It had to be done. Those pesky warm and fuzzy feelings were just making me miss G.I. Joe even more. I really have no one to blame but myself though, for sending him on this vacation. But I would also like to blame Jessica Simpson.

The one and only time of year I condone listening to her is Christmas. I love her Christmas cd and all the songs on it. On December 24th 2005, around 10:45 in the morning, G.I. Joe and I were pronounced "man and wife." He kissed his bride and we walked down the aisle arm in arm while Jessica's version of "What Christmas Means to Me" played. Today, one week before our fourth anniversary I decided I wanted to hear that song. Even though I was already missing him that just seemed like "fun." Wrong. I broke down in the car and sobbed. What Christmas means to me is being with G.I. Joe and Lucy as a family because we never know when the Army will decide he needs to spend more holidays over seas.

I started feeling really selfish. I kept thinking "Why did I set this up? There are presents to wrap, things to make, pies to bake, Christmas movies to watch, music to dance to..." I hated thinking like that. So, Jessica was silenced. Tsunami Bomb replaced her. I feel like such a Grinch for that. He's not going to be gone that long but this is the longest we've been apart since he moved back home. And I really can't wait to get back to the warm and fuzzies when he gets home.

We're hoping and praying that he is still able to come home on schedule. Right now it looks like he'll be flying right into a huge snow storm so we don't know how that will affect his flights. Of course, I want him home as soon as possible but I also want him to be safe.

Okay, that's more than enough complaining from me. Lucy wanted to share some of her gingerbread fun with you all! We just let her decorate with colored icing instead of handing her candy. Its not just about the sugar, but she puts everything in her mouth and candy would definitely be a choking hazard. I don't think she minded playing in the icing!



Icing: its an acquired taste.


That she eventually did acquire.


You want some?


"That's not milk, Love Bug!"


"Drinking icing is yummy!"


Huh. That's weird. Don't know where she learned to eat icing out of the can. Nope. Not a clue. Its a mystery!



She actually did end up decorating some cookies after a while.

21 comments:

Jennifer Miller said...

what a peach, she is too cute.

Margaret said...

I love Lucy's cookies! Too cute:)

Melissa said...

Those are some adorable cookies! Good job Lucy!

Little Miss Emmy Lou said...

So cute!

Katie F said...

Thanks for following my blog. Yours is awesome! I'm still new to this whole blogging thing and finding what to write!
Yes the Hubby and I are planning on doing the Love Dare. We've had the book for over a year and planned on doing it right he came back from his deployment but we never did. They authors just put out a daily devotional which has the love dare in it also and I think Im going to pick that up. I plan to start on Jan 1!
I look forward to reading more of your blog!

Crazy Shenanigans said...

Aw, he'll be home soon! I really hope the snow storm doesn't effect anything! Oh, I sent you an email back!

Ink Obsession Designs said...

I L-O-V-E the cookies Lucy decorated!! It looks like it was such a fun time!! :)

Mayra, mommy to Pooh Bear said...

It must be so hard everytime your husband leaves.... But seems like you have spirit and courage to make it through!! That's a trait of admiration. =)

Lucy must've had a lot of fun!! Awesome cookies!

The Girl Next Door Grows Up said...

Oh she is so cute! WHat a blast! We are doing cookies this weekend and I can't wait! Except one year I bought different food coloring and it stained my daughter's skin...FOR DAYS!!!! Kind of funny though - she looked like Elmo.

Emily Darnell said...

Oh my goodness! This is too darn cute! I might have to try these with Scottie!

Tina said...

Hang in there, I'm sure your sweetie is missing you badly too!!
Meanwhile, Lucy will keep you entertained with her decorating skills!!

blissfulstedmans.wordpress.com said...

It must be so hard to have Mr. G.I. Joe gone right now. I am so inspired by your willingness to admit your "break down" moment with all of us - I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only military wife out there that has these feelings and occasional sadness.

Lucy is just adorable! I love seeing little kids playing in frosting; it's just too sweet all the way around! :)

Also - I've tagged you in a fun Christmas meme - hopefully you get a chance to participate!
http://blissfulstedmans.wordpress.com/2009/12/18/ive-been-tagged/

Courtney said...

Awesome pictures!! Her cookies are so cute!!

The Jacobsen Family! said...

You're entitled to be Grinch...
Hang in there!
LOVE the colors of that icing, and she is just adorable covered in it! LOL!

Ashley said...

You're definitely allowed to be Grinchy right now!
Such cute pictures!

ZenMom said...

Oh my goodness. She is such a cutie!

Hoping that your sweetie makes it home to you soon.

Sunkissed Sister said...

super super cute cookies..lol...gotta love the psychedelic colors! even cuter lil' girl. thanks for subscribing to my blog, and now I am subscribing to yours too! :)

Diana - FreeStyleMama said...

So cute! Stopping by to follow from Mom Bloggers Club!

Happy Holidays!!

mrs_muffins said...

This is the first Christmas my hubby and I have been apart since we got married, despite the fact that he's been gone so much (I haven't spent one of my birthdays with him since the year I turned 16)... and our anniversary is 12/28 so it does make it harder. I however, love Jessica all the time. She's like my guilty pleasure, lol. And Lucy looks sooo adorable. I can't believe my Riley is going to be helping me ice cookies one day. :)

Working Mommy said...

She is TOO precious!! Great looking cookies, also :) Don't worry honey...you'll get the warm fuzzies back!

~WM

MoonNStarMommy said...

She is sooooooooooooooo cute!! Love the pictures!!

You have an award at my blog!!! Here is the direct link to collect it!

http://moonnstarmommy.blogspot.com/2009/12/feel-lemonade-along-with-this-and-that.html