Sunday, December 13, 2009

Adventures in toddler wrangling

Want to know what happens when you try to get a young toddler to cooperate for Christmas pictures?

None of these are edited. They are fuzzy, bright, dark, crooked, and all around a picture of imperfection. But they were fun and show just how things go down when its time to wrangle a toddler.


First she has to start with a snack break.


Then she'd rather monkey around Daddy, which was okay because the skirt you bought her was a 12 month but ended up being as big as a circus tent on her.


Chasing the cat turns out to be more fun.


The cookies you give her just aren't up to her standards.


She refuses to look at the camera.


She feeds baby...her own reflection in the ornaments.


The tree distracts her because she believes each of the lights are Tinkerbell and her fairy friends.


Poor Rudolph. He gets strangled.


Someone hides.



But at just the right second you may capture a little bit of the wonder of Christmas. Its in twinkle lights, shiny ornaments, and all the simple things that usually are only visible to children.


This year we still don't have that perfect set of Christmas pictures for Lucy or any great family pictures that are card-worthy. What we do have is lots of laughter and some snap shots of Lucy trying to give the cat a cookie or finger paint everything except the presents she was "supposed" to be creating. I wouldn't have life any other way!

20 comments:

Crazy Shenanigans said...

Haha, I love the picture of her chasing the cat under the tree!

blueviolet said...

Yes, that last picture is Christmas magic!

Little Miss Emmy Lou said...

Beautiful entry! Beautiful little baby girl!

mrs_muffins said...

Awww! I love the last two, the one of her hiding and the one with the ornament. I love having memories like this caught in photos.

MoonNStarMommy said...

LOLOLOL - Babies are so awesome that way!! Great pictures - no matter what!

Shraddha@theselfloveproject said...

what a cutie...
i love them all..
i hope you get your card worthy picture soon..

Melissa said...

Cute stuff....it is hard to get "perfect" pictures of your little ones. I end up taken a WHOLE lot and editting... and as for a family shot, it just doesn't happen.

But those pictures are perfect... very cute.

TeresaR said...

Toddlers are as magical as the season is. :) Your little one is adorable!

The Lady said...

She is such a precious pie! and candid photos around the house are always my favorite! Hope you all have a wonderful merrily Christmas!

Children of the 90s said...

She has the cutest Christmas outfits!

Pettel Maternity said...

That exactly how it should be with a toddler! She is soooo adorable!
Love all your christmas photos!!!

Ashley said...

I ran into the same problems with Everett the other day. Ugh. Silly kids. I love them, though! She's too pretty. :)

Lindsay said...

Cute pictures! I know how hard it is to get that great picture. I always end up getting the dogs head in the picture or my little one is moving so it comes out blurry : )

"BUTTERY"fly said...

Lucy is super cute! Love looking at those photos.

Thanks for the follow, I'm now following too..

XO

The Girl Next Door Grows Up said...

What an absolutely delightful blog you have! I love your theme and header picture!

I am so happy to be following you too!

Have a great day!

Montessori Moments said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog today. I'm glad you like it!
You're is amazing! Thanks again for stopping by!

Shelli said...

I have to say that your little one is so freaking adorable!! :) I'm following you thru MBC!

~Shelley~ said...

Your daughter is adorable! The last pic is an awesome shot...perfect!

~Shelley @ Shelley's Swag

Mrs. G.I. Joe said...

Thanks everyone! I really do love all these. If I had the time I would have created my own Christmas card using a couple pics (like the last one) but who has the time for that?!

:)

Amy said...

super cute!