Friday, November 12, 2010

Its still true.

Because yesterday was Veteran's Day
I figured I would repost what I wrote last year.
I think it sums up what it means to be a Veteran's wife pretty well :)
And of course, its all still true.



I love a Veteran.

I love a man who is brave.
I love a man who put his life on the line for people he doesn't even know.
I love a man who has walked through fire to save precious lives.



I love a man who has missed many holidays at home to keep our country safe.
I love a man who is gentle and passionate.
I love a man whose heart breaks if he hears one of his friends didn't make it home safely.
I love a man who'd be willing to go back and do it all again.






I love my soldier.




To all the Veterans out there...Thank You! When G.I. Joe was away I know he was never alone. Thank you especially to all the Veterans of the company that went to Iraq with him in 2006 for watching his back.

And to all the Veteran Wives reading this...you are heroes to me too!

15 comments:

Ashley said...

Aw your post made me get all teary-eyed!

Julie said...

What a nice post!

Freddae' said...

What a beautiful way to honor your husband. I don't know him, but I'm grateful for his service and for your sacrifice's as well. Many blessings to you and your family. Thank you!!!!

Fairy Footprints said...

Oh the picture is not cheesy at all they are all so gorgeous, I love your tribute to your soldier, I have also tributed my husband. Wives sure do deserve a medal during war times, they are truly brave and we do go through many obsticles why our soldiers are away. God bless you and your Veteran.

Happy Veteran's Day

Blessings,
Heidi

Confessions Of A Working Mom said...

I wanted to thank *you* for your sacrifice. If it wasn't for brave women like you who send their husbands/brothers/sons off to war, our country wouldn't be nearly as safe or free!

~Elizabeth
http://confessionsfromaworkingmom.blogspot.com

Mothax said...

Nice Ying Yang. I wore the same one.

Mary Jason and boys said...

Bless you and your sweet husband! What sacrifices are made for our freedom!!!

Iluska Ikeda said...

Thank you. Really, to both your husband and to you for supporting him in this amazingly difficult job. We are all in debt to our military families.

Veronica Lee said...

Hi! I'm visiting from MBC. Great blog.

Brittany at Mommy Words said...

WHat a great guy you have there! Please send my very best to your G.I. Joe and his unit. I am sedning my thanks to him and to you and to all of the vets.

My brother was medically discharged after tours in Kosovo Iraq and Korea. You military wives and moms were my best link to him and his unit while he was away and I will never forget how much we owe you, the wives of soldiers!

FeliciaE said...

I love your blog and am giving you an award! Head on over to my page to check it out.

http://livingjustlikegrandmahousewife.blogspot.com/2009/11/another-thing-im-grateful-for-awards.html

eight helping hands said...

Thanks for the follow! I'm now a follower!
I loved this post! I was in the Army back in the late 80's to early 90's, when I got out I was an Army wife! I know both sides of the page.
The heartbreak of watching them leave to go to war is almost unbearable isn't it?
I got lucky and our last duty station was here in VA with his family so I had a great support system.
You have a beautiful baby!
Good luck in all you do!

The Lady said...

I liked this! :o) So thankful for all of them!

Concord Carpenter said...

You have a great blog and cool writing style!

Please thank your husband for his bravery, service and sacrafice to our country!

And thank you for your sacrafices while he was away taking care of things!

Warren Baldwin said...

Very nice post.