Thursday, November 5, 2009

How we can help the families at Fort Hood...

By now the whole world has probably heard about the shooting at Fort Hood. It was a terrible tragedy that has left so many families devastated.

I just received this email from the Soldiers' Angels organization on how we can all help the families involved:

SOLDIERS' ANGELS STANDING BY FOR FT. HOOD--


We are collecting cards and NEW stuffed animals for the families and children of the fallen/wounded heroes.

Please send cards and stuffed animals/blankets/anything NEW that may brighten the life of a child to: Soldiers' Angels Warehouse
4408 PanAm Expressway
San Antonio, TX 78218

As you get excited about the holidays please remember the families of the fallen. This holiday season will surely be difficult one for them. Mr. and Mrs. G.I. Joe will be at Target tomorrow picking up some teddy bears. We hope you'll join us.

12 comments:

Marcee said...

My heart just aches for these families-especially the children. Thanks for posting this information.

Lucy postpartumillness.com said...

I put your link up at my site to share your info. Here is the post http://postpartumillness.com/node/184

Frugal Vicki said...

You are an angel for posting this. I will see what we can do to help, it is so little, yet I know it means so much to them.

The Lady said...

Gosh, Jacqueline thank you so much for letting us know how to help. I was/am stunned. I just want to cry for those families. They are all in my prayers and I certainly will be buying some stuffed animals and blankets to send. Thank you again.

Theta Mom said...

My heart goes out to all of those families. Being married to a soldier, this must have really hit home for you. Thanks for posting this and give that family of yours extra hugs today. Fort Hood and that entire community are in my prayers.

Sarah said...

What a wonderful way of getting people involved. Thank you for posting and making us aware!
I've had a chance to browse around your blog and think it's great - I especially love your title - it's so creative.
I'm visiting from MBC and am now following you. You can check out my blog at www.thestrollerballet.com!

Sarah said...

Sorry! Just realized you are following me! Thanks! Looking forward to reading more!

Buckeroomama said...

Thank you for sharing the information and posting this.

Mamahood, Among Other Things…

Kiddie Treasures

Veronica Lee said...

Thanks for the info and follow. I'm now following your lovely blog.

Ida Red (aka Richele) said...

THank you for this information!

I have an award for you at my blog: http://www.underthegoldenappletree.blogspot.com

Lisa Anne said...

I think this is wonderful what you are doing. I've been so out of the loop even with the news lately becauase of my new job and being sick for the past week.

Tamara said...

What a horrible tragedy and my heart goes out to the families and loved ones. I still can't believe this happened! Bless your heart from posting this. :)