Wednesday, November 25, 2009

30 Things

It seems like so many people I know on Facebook or in the blogging world have been doing the thing where they post something everyday that they are thankful for this month. I really haven't been doing that since I've been trying to get all the Merry Mommies stuff together so here are 30 things I'm thankful for. Some of them are totally random and not that deep, so don't expect to weep over some new found respect for life when you read each one! Oh, and they aren't in specific orders after the first one.


1). I'm thankful for God's mercies.

2). I'm thankful for movie theater dates with G.I. Joe.

3). I'm thankful I have a husband I can laugh with...that's not something every wife can say.

4). I'm thankful for a healthy baby girl who's biggest "problem" is that she was born without an "I-love-bedtime bone".

5). I'm thankful for every morning I wake up to Lucy hovering over my face and drooling on my cheek.

6). I'm thankful for my best friend and the massive amounts of Starbucks coffee we have consumed together.

7). I'm thankful for Gingerbread Lattes.

8). I'm thankful for each and every bill we pay because that means God has provided.

9). I'm thankful that my family has always supported me, especially these last few years.

10). I'm thankful I have at least some amount of common sense. Its really a wonder that some people survive without it.

11). I'm thankful for G.I. Joe's Army buddies. They can understand things that I never will and support him in ways that I can't. They also kept him safe when he was away.

12). I'm thankful that Lucy loves coloring and painting master pieces for us to put on the fridge.

13). I'm thankful for a safe SUV that takes us wherever we need to go any day of the week.

14). I'm thankful that no one in our family has gotten the Swine Flu.

15). I'm thankful G.I. Joe puts up with my quirkiness so well.

16). I'm thankful Lucy cut her first molar yesterday. One less thing causing her pain.

17). I'm thankful for others who are patient with me even when I'm not being patient with them.

18). I'm thankful for leggings and sweater dresses.

19). I'm thankful for opportunities to help those in need.

20). I'm thankful for the beach and how it makes me feel connected to far away lands.

21). I'm thankful that G.I. Joe and I like reading the same books. It makes for fun discussions and debates!

22). I'm thankful for dancing with Lucy to Jonas Brothers music.

23). I'm thankful for Greek food and pink lemonade.

24). I'm thankful for New Found Glory. Best travel music ever.

25). I'm thankful for hot, humid days.

26). I'm thankful for Florida football and Christmas trees.

27). I'm thankful for bubbles and Dharma and Greg Season 1 on DVD.

28). I'm thankful that "no power of hell, no scheme of man can ever pluck me from His hand."

29). I'm thankful for the unconditional love I see in Lucy's eyes everyday. Don't know what I did to deserve such a blessing but I'll cherish it forever.

30). I'm thankful for anyone who actually took the time to read all of this random list. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday with your families, everyone!

13 comments:

Mrs. Addison said...

That's a great idea - and a great list! I really wanted to do that on Facebook but I know how I am about remembering things and figured I would forget. I'm planning on writing up a thankful post too.

mrs_muffins said...

Aww! I nodded my head along most of these! We listen to Jonas Brothers too and I love a good debate with Hubby! :) Happy Thanksgiving!

Fairy Footprints said...

*®*´¯`•.¸¸.♫• Happy Holidays ♫•.¸¸.•´¯`*®*
♥´¨)¸.+´¸.•*´¨)¸.+*´¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.+´♥♥¸.+´
¸.•*´¨)¸.+*´¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.+´♥ Heidi ♥)

Madison {Life Happens During Naptime} said...

Very cute! I agree with most of these, although hot and humid days are my least favorite =P

Marcee said...

This list was beautiful! I love #10! It made me giggle:)

The Lady said...

Awe, thank you Jacqueline. I really enjoyed reading these and you reminded me to do this. I'm ashamed to say I've been putting it off for days. Thank you so much for sharing. These are wonderful things to be thanking for!

Crazy Shenanigans said...

Great list! Have a great Thanksgiving!

butterfly11780 said...

I was actually thinking about doing the same thing for the same reason. Just may do that still!

There really is so much for us all to be thankful for!

ZenMom said...

Beautiful post. Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Amy said...

I LOVED reading your thankfulness post!

I'll have to write my own when I find the time!

MisAdventuresofMomof3 said...

What a list! I really enjoyed reading it! There is nothing like the unconditional love of children. ~sigh~

new follower from MBC- come visit me! I look forward to reading more!

Jill said...

That's a great list. I hope you had a good thanksgiving :D

Amy said...

what a great list!