Friday, October 30, 2009

Pumpkins for Punkin

Also titled: What a difference a year makes!


Halloween 2008...
Lucy was a tiny little bump.
G.I. Joe was gone.




Halloween 2009...
Lucy can walk around and pick out her own pumpkins!


And Daddy is here to experience it!


Lucy has found a new love: pumpkins! She loves holding them, using them as drums, and pulling out their gooey insides.





"Daddy, put this back in!"


Yep...she tried to taste the pumpkin!





G.I Joe let me carve a butterfly wing!


This pumpkin is so big! This is just one side of Lucy's Pixie Hollow inspired jack-o-lantern.



It might seem silly...but I'm so excited about this Halloween. Its G.I. Joe's favorite holiday and this is the first one we have ever spent together since we started dating in 2005! I hope you and your family have lots of fun and treats this weekend!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!
From the G.I. Joes'




15 comments:

Chappell3 said...

I love how excited she looks about carving the pumpkin! Ariana could've cared less about ours. :( Plus, yours makes our pumpkin look boooriiiing! Maybe if we had more than a steak and a paring knife...

Lorie said...

I hope you have a wonderful Halloween!

And I am so glad that her Daddy is home this year!!

Barbara said...

Your little girl is having a lot of fun with that pumpkin...but probably more fun that her daddy is here to share it with her.
Can't say enough good things about your GI Joe and his service to our country. And you for being there for him.

Crazy Shenanigans said...

Great pumpkin!

Name: Holly Bowne said...

Those are some AWESOMELY adorable pics of your family. I especially love the one of your hubby and daughter grinning at each other. I'm so glad you were able to spend the holiday together as a family! Nuttin' like it! :)

Jacqueline Smith said...

you have amazing photography skills!!!!!

Jamee said...

I'm visiting from SITS! Your daughter is absolutely beautiful!

Ashley said...

Loveeee that pumpkin!

PropellerHeadMom said...

Awww she is so cute! I love the photos. Awesome job on the pumpkin! I really need to take a pumpkin carving class :-)

Lucy postpartumillness.com said...

She is so cute. I was excited about Halloween this year too. Its not a holiday that I usually care about but with 2 dressed up children this year it made it hard. Plus our neighborhood is the place to be on this day.

Ill set up a post today on my blog sending people over to get the Ft Hood address. Ill comment when I do it. This situation is awful and it is so close to the holidays.

Jim and Jami said...

how sweet these pictures are.....Love, Love the pumpkin, so beautiful! So glad you could spend this holiday together!

Q, La, and Gooner said...

I just found your blog and my, your Lucy has grown. I am so glad your husband was finally here to experience this fun event with you and Lucy!

Tracy said...

What beautiful pictures, thanks for sharing them. You have a lovely family! God Bless!

Rajee said...

So cute and lovely famiy, you have. I wish to be there.

Buckeroomama said...

Your little one is so adorable. Those are such beautiful pics. Oh, and I LOVE your jack-o-lantern. Great carvings! :)

Following you from MBC.

Mamahood, Among Other Things…

Kiddie Treasures