Monday, August 10, 2009

You know you have been married to the military for a while when...

You are the one who asks your husband to go see this movie. Yes, you, the high heel wearing prissy wife, are actually the one to say, "Can we please go see G.I. Joe tomorrow?"


I have to say, the movie did not disappoint! If you can get past the gratuitous futuristic violence, the movie has some really great story lines. I had tears in my eyes for a number of scenes. But mostly G.I. Joe and I kept saying to each other, "THAT'S SO COOL! I WANT TO DO THAT!" He says it was like Star Trek meets Black Hawk Down.

Can you believe that when we got back to the car I was the first one to say, "Man, I want one of those accelerator suits!" What has happened to me???? I think this should be called The GI Effect.

7 comments:

Carly_Noel said...

I think that looks so good, I wish Ty was home to watch it with! I'll just wait and rent it with him I guess. I'd feel bad watching it without him.

Amy said...

I nominated you for a blog award. http://everydaymamadrama.blogspot.com/2009/07/one-lovely-blog-award.html

Theta Mom said...

You're so funny! Yes, you are married to one! :)

Come by my blog, I've given you an award! Yay!

blueviolet said...

Do you think it's for the younger crowd mostly?

Jacqueline said...

Thank you so much for the awards ladies! I am so glad you all love visiting me here!

BlueViolet~Its not necessarily for the young crowd, but its for people who can take a lot of explosions, and I do mean A LOT! One of my favorite parts was that Dennis Quaid played General Hawk. I just love him and he did awesome, as always! Its about 2 hours long so it doesn't feel too long like a 2.5 hour movie. So, in my opinion its worth taking a chance on it!

Brittany at Mommy Words said...

I LOVED G.I. Joe growing up. I will see this for sure! Maybe I'll take my bro who was medically discharged after 1 tour in Kosovo, 2 in Iraq and then was medivacced out of Korea. He is my hero!

Wild Orchid Designs said...

lol..that's funny:) I'd like to see this movie also!