Monday, August 31, 2009

Home.

I'm so happy to say that we are now home and Lucy is sleeping peacefully.

The past 12 hours have been a bit rough. I was crying on and off but managed to keep it together (mostly) when it came time to go to the hospital. We got there a little before 6:30 this morning and shortly after that they have gave her the "sleepy medicine." That had her acting so goofy. It put me at ease and all the nurses would come by to giggle with her.

When they finally came to carry her back she did cry a little but the medicine helped keep a major breakdown from happening. We sat in the waiting room for about 30 minutes before they came to say she was out of surgery and awake. Everything went according to plan, her little toe snapped right into place. She's quite groggy from the gas and will probably be sleepy and uncomfortable for most of today. Her foot is bandaged pretty thick and looks quite pitiful. Now we have the task of trying to get her to keep it on for the next few days.

I cried when they said she was out and doing fine, and I cried again when I got into our bed here at home. It is seriously scary when your baby or child has to have anesthesia for anything, even just a 30 minute procedure. I don't have the words to express how glad I am that this is all over.

Thank you to everyone for your thoughts, prayers, and sweet comments! Lucy is so loved and we are very grateful to all of our support team. I'm especially thankful for G.I. Joe and my parents. I couldn't have gotten Lucy through this without them by my side the whole time.

6 comments:

Theta Mom said...

Thank goodness! So glad that you, baby, and family are all doing well!

Jody said...

Jacqueline - I'm so glad to hear that Lucy's surgery went well. It has to be very traumatic but now it is behind you and you can all move forward full-steam. Lots of hugs from your BBC friends! - Jody

Jacqueline Smith said...

super glad to hear that eeverythings ok!! im sure that was very scary.

Lisa Anne said...

Glad to see everything went okay. I don't know the full story behind this, be anyway glad all went well!!

All About Aleigha said...

Glad to hear everything went ok. Hope she has a speedy recovery!

Eclipsed said...

I'm glad your little one is doing well. I can't imagine how scary that was for you. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Stopping by from SiTS