Friday, August 21, 2009

Foto Friday...and the BEST proposal ever



That's just 1 of many of the pictures I love from our dating days. We have so much fun together!


You gotta love children's poetry. Lucy has a number of my old Shel Silverstein books that I used to read as a kid. We all get a good laugh out of his work. About a week ago though I stumbled across a new favorite kids poem. I had picked up this book for Lucy at a discount store mainly because it was by Tomie DePaola. I absolutely adore Strega Nona so I thought Lucy might enjoy this Valentine book he wrote.

Very late one night, or if you prefer "early one morning," we were up with Lucy and letting her play in her room because her teeth were bothering her so much. She pulled this book of the shelf and handed it to me, so I started reading it. So you know, when I get too tired, I get extremely goofy. I was laughing hysterically when I read this "beautiful" proposal. What a lucky girl Sukey was!

Sukey, you shall be my wife.
And I will tell you why:
I have got a little pig,
And you have got a sty!
I have a dun cow.
You make good cheese.
Sukey, will you marry me?



Ahh...sweet young love! Stuff like that is beyond amusing at one o'clock in the morning! Honestly, where does one come up with a proposal like that???

5 comments:

Meg said...

Too cute! I have serveral of Tomie DePaula's books, but I haven't seen this one. I'll have to be on the lookout for it.

benevolently said...

such a cute picture of you and your husband!

a beautiful daughter you have too!

best wishes :)

Crazy Shenanigans said...

Aw, you guys are too cute together!

Theta Mom said...

I love looking at old photos of when the hubs and I were dating, too. It brings me back to a time when it was pure magic!

Brittney Galloway said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog a couple of weeks ago, and I'm sorry it took so long to get back with you! We're going through our second move in 3 months, so we are frazzled! I love Tomie dePaola books as well!