Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Award Season is here again!

Well, in the blogging world that is.

I've been trying to find time for a while to post these so here they are! First I'll start with the Meme I was awarded from Theta Mom.



1. Who is the hottest Movie Star? I think celebrity crushes are the biggest waste of time ever. Honestly, why do people spend hours obsessing over someone they will never meet?

2. Apart from your house and car, what is the most expensive item you have ever bought: Chanel sunglasses. I got them while G.I. Joe was in Iraq. It was toward the end of his wicked long deployment, so I treated myself.

3. What is you most treasured memory? The day I got saved, the day I met G.I. Joe, the moment I walked down the aisle toward him and I saw his jaw clench to keep the tears in, the moment Lucy came into the world...okay, I know that was more than one, but I can't pick one of those over the other!

4. What was the best gift you ever received as a child: That's a tough one. But probably this babydoll I use to carry around everywhere. I named her "Baby Sarah" after my Aunt Sarah. She was totally plush and much more comfy to snuggle with than other babydolls. I'll be passing her on to Lucy soon.

5. What is the biggest mistake you have ever made? Dating in high school. Its seriously such a waste of time. If you want to get to know someone or just "have fun" with them, do it as friends. You'll get to know people better if they aren't bending over backwards to impress you. G.I. Joe and I were friends for five years before we started dating which was the best decision ever. I could have been doing much more productive things in high school and my first year of college had all my relationships been platonic.

6. 4 words to describe yourself: Quirky, talkative, artsy, and sarcastic

7. What was your highlight or low light of 2008? The highlight was all things Lucy...finding out I was pregnant, seeing her goofy antics on the 3D/4D ultrasounds, and giving birth to her. The low light...being scared that she was going to come months too early and not be healthy, and going through that while G.I. Joe was on unaccompanied orders. It was scary at times.

8. Favorite Film? Good grief...can I list about a hundred? I'm a movie buff (check the sidebar) so its impossible to pick one. I love funny stupid movies that either Will Ferrell or Judd Appatow are involved in. I love Hitchcock movies, anything with Audrey. And I thoroughly enjoy Eloise At the Plaza. Yeah, that's been a favorite since I was like 16 :)

9. Tell me one thing I don’t know about you. Some of you may not know this but I gave birth to Lucy without some things: without an epidural (natural childbirth was an AMAZING experience) without a doctor there (she was down the hall and didn't expect Lucy to be in such a hurry) and without G.I. Joe (he arrived 30 minutes later when Lucy was nice and clean.)

10. If you were a comic book/strip or cartoon character, who would you be? I would want to be Wonder Woman. Those in my family often tell me I try a little to hard to be Linda Carter and that I really shouldn't do everything by myself. I would at least love her boots though!


The blogs I'm passing this on to are:
1). Life Happens at Naptime
2). Staying Connected with Those We Love
3). Green Beans and Little Things
4). Fearfully and Wonderfully Made


For my next award...I would like to thank Kimberly for the "I love this blog!"


Thanks, Kimberly!

The blogs I'm passing this on to are:
1). A Hapa Girl
2). Crayons in my Dryer
3). Mr. And Mrs. Top Gun
4). A Sweetheart and Her Soldier


Also, I would like to say a BIG thank you to Amy for giving this blog our second "Lovely Blog" award, and for giving my other blog its first award! Thanks, Amy! You rock!

Check out these blogs! I promise you'll find good reads, cool giveaways, and some very awesome ladies.


7 comments:

Madison said...

Thanks =)

Rachael said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

I love your blog too!

Melissa A. said...

thank you so much for the award :-)

Mr. and Mrs. Top Gun said...

*Thanks!!!*

I am honored that you find my blog so amusing and witty :) I love reading yours too!!!!

Mrs. G.I. Joe said...

You're welcome, ladies!

Those html tags are so annoying. Side note: I'm totally hating photobucket and that picture uploading tool that Blogger has :P They aren't playing nice this evening.

Theta Mom said...

Congrats on your awards! You deserve them! I enjoy reading your blog.

BTW, we had a great 2008 because our baby girls entered the world!

Sonia said...

Thank You for the wonderful blog award! Just so you know, I love your blog too!

I hope you can forgive my tardiness, but I've been in the business of moving and getting my oldest ready for school!

I will soon be making a most deserving thank you on my blog and will pass it along!