Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Worth A Thousand Words




Haha...I know this is supposed to be wordless Wednesday, but I feel like this picture needs a little explanation. Plus the story is just too good not to share. The first full day we were at the beach we headed to our favorite pizza joint. This pizza is absolutely to die for and the flavors are breathtaking. But when we were there, the pizza wasn't the only thing "breathtaking." Lucy was standing up in my lap and bent over to pound on the table. (She likes playing drums on anything these days.) Well, instead of banging she just bent over and got this really ominous look on her face. Less than a minute later...I smelt it. It was the worst, and messiest, diaper blowout we've had since she was a newborn. All of us started cracking up at that point because the bathrooms had zero changing tables. The smell and mess were too bad to just let her be so Lucy was changed right there at the table. Just at the moment the waitress brought our pizza out! I'm pretty sure she gagged a little, but she was laughing too. Luckily, we were at a corner booth out of the way of other diners.

10 comments:

Margaret said...

Oh that's happened to us before, haha! And I had to change Riley in the booth. Booths are so nice for changing poopey diapers.

klawellin said...

Hi There...

I have an Award waiting for you at
The Lawellin Family Blog! ; )

Kimberly

PropellerHeadMom said...

That is so funny! My son did the same thing at a restaurant when he was younger - probably around Lucy's age.

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I am following you now!

Theta Mom said...

I think we have all been there at one point or another. There's no such thing as a relaxing dinner once you have a child, right?!

All About Aleigha said...

That's funny. Darn places that aren't baby friendly.

Madison said...

I have had to change diapers at tables too. Haha. I love how her little feet are in the air.

klawellin said...

Your So Welcome!!! And Thank-you!
Keep Up the Great Work!!! ; )

Have a Great Night!

Kimberly

Devilish Southern Belle said...

At least it was a booth! And you wouldn't have had to change her at the table if the place had changing tables.

Devilish Southern Belle said...

Oh, forgot to add: here via the WW Twitter Moms. And I LOVE your blog design!

Serendipity is Sweet said...

Yipes! Ain't parenting grand :D