Friday, July 10, 2009

Things that are coming up!

If your family is like ours, summers tend to be very busy. We have a number of exciting things ahead for our little zoo here. First, we're going to the beach in a couple weeks. Last time it was too cold to get Lucy in the water or even be on the beach much but hopefully that will be different this time around.

August will mark a big anniversary for G.I. Joe and me. It will be 9 years ago that we first saw each other! I am really blown away by that. We met when we were 14 and our lives have never been the same since. I'm wishing, and hoping, and praying that I'll be able to pull off something pretty cool for that anniversary. Because I don't know where we'll be next August I'm hoping we will be able to go back to the very spot that we met at for reenactment, and pictures of course! Stay tuned to our little internet home here throughout August. I'll probably be posting stories of how we met, the first time we actually spoke, and how we finally started dating 5 years after that meeting. It will be similar to the way I posted the Homecoming series.

After August comes September. Ahh, September. What can I say? My baby girl will be 1 whole year old. This makes me overcome with so many incredible emotions. I'm beyond thankful to God that we're going to be celebrating this special day but its really hitting me hard that Lucy is so close to not being a "baby" anymore. I mean, I know she'll "always be my baby." Time just moves by so much faster when you have a child. I look at her now and feel like she should only be a few months old...not edging in on 10 months! Anyways, I know I'm rambling here. To celebrate Lucy's birthday we're taking her on her first trip to Disney World! This makes me so excited about September! I love Disney, so does our whole family. Its going to be even more amazing this time around seeing Lucy's face light up. We have so many fun surprises planned for her. It will definitely be a Princess's birthday! She'll be getting her first hair cut at the Main Street Barber Shop and having her birthday breakfast at Cinderella's Castle.

Instead of focusing on the fact that "my baby is growing up" and being sad, I'm focusing on the fact that this will be our one year family anniversary! Lucy brought us together as a family in a way we could have never imagined. We're going to spend the whole entire month rejoicing and celebrating what a truly awesome gift God gave us September 23rd, 2008. During September I'll be posting (hopefully :P) a picture a day of either Lucy, or us as a family. The exception to this will be whether or not I can get online while we're at Disney. Even if I can, I may be too tired at the end of each day to do it! But at least every day until our trip will be filled with pictures and up to the minute details of party planning, Lucy's birth celebration and our "family anniversary."

We hope that all of our faithful readers will stick with us through this fantastic summer!

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker


AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

No comments: