Thursday, July 2, 2009

Maternity Pants...the hot new trend????

Okay so maybe being a new mommy has made me a little out of touch with the world. I'm alright with that. Ever since September 23rd, 2008 my life has been consumed by one Miss Lucy Michaela. I love every second of that. Its okay with me that since then I haven't been able to pick up a copy of Vogue Paris.

Today though I found out just how "out of touch" I am. G.I. Joe and I were shopping around because I still had a gift card from my birthday. I thought "Hey, maybe I'll buy some new summer clothes, like shorts or something, that actually fits me." Browsing around the racks I was shocked by this. I have these shorts already! But mine came from here. Ugh. For the past nine months, when time allows, I've been kind of sort of occasionally half-heartedly working my butt off to make it look like I never gave birth. I guess those random spurts of hard work were for nothing.

So it seems that maternity pants are the hot new thing. Tell all the moms you know. Elastic is in. That makes those fresh from the oven Krispy Kreme doughnuts seem harmless now, right? :P

5 comments:

Madison said...

Not all moms go back to size 0 within the first year after birth =)

Jacqueline said...

Oh I totally agree. I just thought it was funny that finally being able to buy "normal" clothes brought me full circle to another elastic belly :)

Jacqueline said...

And why is it that these little 90 pound models need to wear a band like that? Do they really have love handles to hide?

The day will come when they will wear those because its needed :P not just because its "in." Haha

Madison said...

I'm gunna run to the store and get some cookie dough ice cream. You want some while I'm there?

Jacqueline said...

Yes! I'd love some! Why have I been denying myself stuff like that? :P I may just have ice cream for breakfast this morning. South Beach is no use to me anymore.